Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One PC process and odds?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One PC process and odds?

I know you arent happy with 300 but credit takes time to build. You have to be patient. Cap One also doesnt issue CLIs without usage. So if you want your limit to move, you have to use your card. I dont believe you should call the EO for a card you just opened. Wait out the credit steps to see what happens. You have other cards you can use in the mean tine. Good luck.
As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 16
dang729
Valued Member

See my post on my recent success with cap1 pc and cli. I got the platinum mc with a 637 score. My score has actually dropped to 600 and they bumped me from 1k to 4k.

I have seen other people pc to a qs after 3 months, but something to note is that when I pc'd the rep informed me that I wouldn't be able to make any changes to the card for 6 months from the date I made the change. Not sure if that includes cli's.

Message 12 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 16
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@js0319 wrote:
It should be 6 months from the day. Also, I have sock drawered the card since I've had it. I only have my Netflix membership and Scorewatch on auto-payment for the card so it will continue to report monthly. With those charges alone, every month I've been able to get two CLI's.

Great to know. Thank you. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently able to PC my Platinum to a QS via online chat. Painless and they didn't HP because it was only a change to the card type.  CLI via automated phone service was also painless, fast and soft pull.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dang729 wrote:
See my post on my recent success with cap1 pc and cli. I got the platinum mc with a 637 score. My score has actually dropped to 600 and they bumped me from 1k to 4k.

I have seen other people pc to a qs after 3 months, but something to note is that when I pc'd the rep informed me that I wouldn't be able to make any changes to the card for 6 months from the date I made the change. Not sure if that includes cli's.

I was told the same thing just recently when I PC'ed my Platinum to a QS Siggy.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.