Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum MC Auto CLI !

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap One Platinum MC Auto CLI !

I'm not necessarily saying carry over a balance to the next month and pay interest I did once or twice. IMHO I think the people or computer algorithm that does the soft pull on our accounts sees no balance on the monthly statement there for assumes no cli is needed. The departments don't seem to interact with each other and no customer initiated CLI. So there we sit wanting to keep under 9% util to raise our scores or show usage on our statements to raise our credit limit. I guess YMMV but I don't see any other answer to getting a CLI. Just putting my two cents worth into the CLI mystery.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@MissExcellentCredit wrote:

Congrats to you. I had the same experience recently and my card limit was also increased.  I've found Capital One to be very good about CLI if you show them you pay your bills on time. They especially like to see it when you can pay in full every month. Keep up the good work!

I only wish a lot of us could say the same when it comes to CLI from Cap One. But lately they have been good with CLI. You will find a lot of members on here with great FICO's and very low CL with Cap One.

I have stayed at $500 for the past 3.8 years; that's with a flwless payment histry, low util and a FICO that has gone up by an average of 150 since last year

Yeah, I'm feeling the same as you on this one Smiley Mad

Two Crap1 Cards

Credit Scores have gone up over 200 points since I apped for these cards 1.5 yrs ago.

Then again, I have not run $1 thru either card in months, I actually told the last Cap1 Manager I spoke to I would not run one more dollar thru my Crap1 Cards until they show me some luv (probably not the best tactic in order to get some luv) but this is not my first rodeo with Crap1.

Again, Congratulations to those who have received CLI's from Cap1.

Message 32 of 39
mzniko
Valued Member

Mustanglvr2006 >>and that crazy that they have not increase your line of credit... your scores are higher than mine!!!  I will never understand it!

Message 33 of 39
KBraggs
Valued Member

Ha! I know I haven't done anything but help contribute to the great mystery of CLI from Capital One.

I generally carried a balance. Second month hit high balance, about $720/$750. Months after I would always let $1, $2, $4 show on my statements (18% APR). I think in September, I carried $61...so it varied in my case.

-CLEARLY YMMV :-D
Message 34 of 39
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I can't wait to post my results by the end of next week.

So for all of you who HAVE received CLIs from Cap1...what were your experiences with the timeframe?  Was it when your statement cut?  Right after?  Sometime in the middle of the month? 

Generally speaking, my auto CLIs from other companies have always taken place when my statement cut but if Cap1 is even RANDOM with this, then I may never know Smiley Very Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 35 of 39
mzniko
Valued Member

Well the times I did receive an increase it was not less than two weeks after a purchase. The first big increase was after a $24 purchase the second big increase was after a $193 purchase. I carry a balance as well with each of my big increases as well and always pay over the required payment. I guess i can say it was increased in the beginning of the month and my due date is the end of the month.

...............and the mystery continues!!! Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 39
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Grrrrrr

still no rhyme or reason Smiley Sad  I'm close to giving up on my investigating lol

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mzniko wrote:

Mustanglvr2006 >>and that crazy that they have not increase your line of credit... your scores are higher than mine!!!  I will never understand it!

You and me both my Friend.

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One comes in a variety of flavors, and it seems that each flavor has its own idiosyncracies with CL's and CLI's. 

That certainly seems to be part of the problem with understanding why they do what they do.

So, a Cap One Platinum may act very diferently than a Cap One Prestige Platinum or any other of their huge variety of cards.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.