Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum PC

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Platinum PC

@EAJuggalo wrote:

OK, I'm confused.  My understanding was that when you PC'd a Platinum it became a standard QS, just a MC version of it and not a QS1.  Otherwise what is the point of it if you'd have two QS1's and then you'd have two AFs as well?

Yes, and I do. After 6 months you can merge them into one big balance and only 1 AF. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 11 of 32
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@EAJuggalo wrote:

OK, I'm confused.  My understanding was that when you PC'd a Platinum it became a standard QS, just a MC version of it and not a QS1.  Otherwise what is the point of it if you'd have two QS1's and then you'd have two AFs as well?

I think they upgraded my Plat to a QS1 with no AF, is how I understand it. Once that happens in next 48 hours online, I can then combine or merge my current QS1 (with AF) to my new QS1 with no AF, thus ending up with just one QS1 with no AF, which is almost the same as a QS with no AF.

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 12 of 32
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@mowglidude wrote:

@EAJuggalo wrote:

I think they upgraded my Plat to a QS1 with no AF, is how I understand it. Once that happens in next 48 hours online, I can then combine or merge my current QS1 (with AF) to my new QS1 with no AF, thus ending up with just one QS1 with no AF, which is almost the same as a QS with no AF.

Straight from Cap1's site.

There are several reasons why a card may not be eligible, here are the main ones:

• Card accounts must be in good standing
  • Card accounts must be open for at least 6 months
  • One card account must have a $0 balance and no pending transactions
  • Card accounts must be linked in your online banking profile

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

So to PC my current Platinum I have to go to their site and online chat with someone? And while there prequal for the QS1?  Did I get this right?  All the while, I get zero SP or HP for doing so?

Message 14 of 32
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

I just did the upgrade tonight on my plat card. No HP or SP shows. Below is what was said to me in chat; Hope it clarifies for you

Nash07:42 PM
Your account will now be upgraded to our Quicksilver rewards program. Within 2-3 business days, your new rewards earning structure will be 1.5% cash back per every dollar spent. A new card, with the same account number, will be mailed out to you in 7-10 business days. After this upgrade your account will have no annual membership fee. You will be able to go online to review your rewards earned and to setup automatic redemptions in approximately 2-3 business days. Accepting this offer means that you cannot accept any rewards upgrades on this account again for at least 6 months. Today's upgrade will fulfill as long as you maintain this account in good standing. Would you like to proceed?

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent info. Appreciate it. I'll give it a shot. 

UPDATE: Just went through the pre-qual and was offered the QS1. The online chat option didn't pop up for me. 

Message 16 of 32
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@EmmaGolden wrote:

I just did the upgrade tonight on my plat card. No HP or SP shows. Below is what was said to me in chat; Hope it clarifies for you

Nash07:42 PM
Your account will now be upgraded to our Quicksilver rewards program. Within 2-3 business days, your new rewards earning structure will be 1.5% cash back per every dollar spent. A new card, with the same account number, will be mailed out to you in 7-10 business days. After this upgrade your account will have no annual membership fee. You will be able to go online to review your rewards earned and to setup automatic redemptions in approximately 2-3 business days. Accepting this offer means that you cannot accept any rewards upgrades on this account again for at least 6 months. Today's upgrade will fulfill as long as you maintain this account in good standing. Would you like to proceed?

Yep pretty much what I was told by the CSR. I notice they say "upgraded to our Quicksilver rewards program" So I guess its still a QS1?

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 17 of 32
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Yes is still QS1..without AF & 1.5% instead of 1% as on my other QS1. It looks to me as if to get Quicksilver you have to do a separate app & that it is a Visa compared to QS1 MC...Not sure but is what I have concluded & I'm still new at this Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 32
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

PS: Bad wording..not still a QS1.. it was an upgrade from a platinum

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and got it done. Had to use Chrome instead of Opera to get chat option. Upgraded the Platinum to the chipped QS1. Now from what I understand, I can actually still app and get a QS Visa? (I won't do this)  Also I got the 7-10 day messege on the Luv Button. lol  "bah humbug"

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.