Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum Upgrade To QS Then Combine Cards? Increasing AAoA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Platinum Upgrade To QS Then Combine Cards? Increasing AAoA

Cap Platinum was opened on 4/2011 and has a $7K CL.

Cap QS was opened on 10/2013 and has a $4.5K CL.

How do I go about in upgrading the Platinum to QS, then combining both while keeping the Platinum opened date? Does Cap1 do this sort of thing or will they use the opened date of the QS? When upgrading, is that a HP? Thanks in advance for the answers/suggestions.

*Mod feel free to move this to the correct section if it's in the wrong one. Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap One Platinum Upgrade To QS Then Combine Cards? Increasing AAoA

I suggest product changing the platinum to Quicksilver and then combine limits to keep the history of oldest card.
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap Platinum was opened on 4/2011 and has a $7K CL.

Cap QS Did you mean the Quicksilver or were you refering to the QS1? was opened on 10/2013 and has a $4.5K CL.

How do I go about in upgrading the Platinum to QS, then combining both while keeping the Platinum opened date? Does Cap1 do this sort of thing or will they use the opened date of the QS? When upgrading, is that a HP? Thanks in advance for the answers/suggestions.

*Mod feel free to move this to the correct section if it's in the wrong one. Thanks!

The older versions of these CC's are a bit strange (not at all as straight forward as the newer ones). Different people get different results when PC'ing and asking for CLI's. Having said that and asking the above question the BEST way to get anywhere with them is to go on Live Chat in your online acct and ask if you "have any offers available" to you. That should be your first question. Then go on to explain what it is you are looking to do. They are very forth coming and easy to talk to.

With the newer Platinum's when you PC you keep the same # and opening date they simply send you a new Quicksilver with the same info on it. When you combine CC you will keep the date of the one you are combining into. The one that goes in goes away.

Try that tomorrow and let us know what they say.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both. It's just a Quicksilver, not QS1. I'll contact them tomorrow and see what they could do. To be honest, I'll probably never going to use the Cap1 card since I'll be trying to maximized rewards with the CSP/Freedom and Amex SPG. Just want to consolidate them but keep the oldest card date.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks both. It's just a Quicksilver, not QS1. I'll contact them tomorrow and see what they could do. To be honest, I'll probably never going to use the Cap1 card since I'll be trying to maximized rewards with the CSP/Freedom and Amex SPG. Just want to consolidate them but keep the oldest card date.

If that's the case, and now looking at your scores, you might want to close them outright. You will still get the benefit of AAoA because the good accts will stay on your reports for 10yrs. By then you'll be in the 800's and who cares.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.