Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Platinum w/ Quicksilver benefits

tag
ottergo4
Contributor

Re: Cap One Platinum w/ Quicksilver benefits

Card finally came in the mail today. It is a Quicksilver! Also a Mastercard and same acct. # as before. The 3 digit security code on the back and the expiration date are different though

Message 21 of 27
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Did you have a mc before or a visa?
Message 22 of 27
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@ottergo4 wrote:

Card finally came in the mail today. It is a Quicksilver! Also a Mastercard and same acct. # as before. The 3 digit security code on the back and the expiration date are different though

guess mine will be different too

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 23 of 27
mrmbluth

@svtthis wrote:
Did you have a mc before or a visa?

I just got my Quicksilver Visa yesterday. I upgraded from a Capital One Platinum Visa.

Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade from Platinum to Visa Signature?

Message 24 of 27
tld409
Regular Contributor

There's so much talk about upgrading to Quick Silver and I have decided to keep by Platinum MC since the rewards are better. Just curious,does anyone else have the following rewards program as I do? 

2% cash back on gas and groceries

1% cash back on all other purchases

The only negative is the APR:

Purchases 19.80% P $0.00 $0.00
Cash Advances 24.90% P $694.59 $23.69
SpecialTrans 0.00% $533.93 $0.00

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 25 of 27
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@tld409 wrote:

There's so much talk about upgrading to Quick Silver and I have decided to keep by Platinum MC since the rewards are better. Just curious,does anyone else have the following rewards program as I do? 

2% cash back on gas and groceries

1% cash back on all other purchases

The only negative is the APR:

Purchases 19.80% P $0.00 $0.00
Cash Advances 24.90% P $694.59 $23.69
SpecialTrans 0.00% $533.93 $0.00

I don't think I had that rewards program with the Platinum 

Message 26 of 27
john398
Senior Contributor

I got the new card yesterday, kind of likethe Discover IT where no raised letters

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.