Frequent Contributor
Razeus

Cap One Platinum was just put out of its misery

[ Edited ]

Today was the day.  My 7 year old Cap One has fully served its purpose now that I've moved on to better cards with no annual fees, lower APR's and offer rewards.  I was waiting for a couple of billing cycles before I called to cancel and today was that day.

The funny thing, the CapOne rep, though a pleasant gal, didn't even ask why I was cancelling.  Didn't try to offer another card.  Didn't even try to talk me into keeping the card. Nothing.  

Off to the confetti shredder.  Welcome to my personal blacklist.

edit: this was the EO btw.

My Wallet:
Discover It $11,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | AMEX BCE $3,000 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Established Contributor
flowfaster

Re: Cap One Platinum was just put out of its misery

Did you email the Executive Office first?  I had a starter platinum card that they bumped up to 5K with a soft pull.  They also added rewards that are the same as their top tiered card.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Frequent Contributor
Razeus

Yep.  Nothing from nobody.  It just tells me they didn't care for my business anyway.

My Wallet:
Discover It $11,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | AMEX BCE $3,000 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Established Contributor
flowfaster

Razeus wrote:

Yep.  Nothing from nobody.  It just tells me they didn't care for my business anyway.

I find that hard to belive but whatever.  What email addy did you use?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats on moving to bigger and better

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+