Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Posting to Bureau with Pending

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Posting to Bureau with Pending

Hello all,

My question is about Cap Ones reporting ..  my due date was the 13th, I paid my balance in full a few days earlier.  My statement date is the 16th.. today.

Problem.. yesterday a withdraw comes up 'pending on my Cap One acct.  (My significant other)

The online account shows $0 Current  Balance, but my available credit has been docked fr the withdrawal.  Cap One also wont allow me to pay it off until it posts.

Cap One posts whatever balance is shown on the statement right, not the balance on the day of submission?  If so since the 16th, today is my statement date, what will appear on my credit files in a few days, will they ignore the pending transaction?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Posting to Bureau with Pending

I can't say what Cap1 does specifically because I'm too new with them to have any data points...

BUT...I have had it happen TWICE now that a pending transaction showing pending online on the statement date actually ended up clearing at some point before midnight and DID show up on the CRAs.  Annoying!

One thing I do now is instead of "pulling" a payment from my credit card website, I "push" a payment from my bank -- and I just overpay by $20-$25 just in case.  That means I always have a negative balance ("credit") on my statement cuts, but it works best for me since a few of my autopays fall really close to statement cut and sometimes they don't make any sense as to what day they actually get charged.  My health insurance is like that: can be charged on the 3rd or the 10th.  Most of my due dates are the 6th or 7th for easy management, but if the health insurance goes through on the 3rd, then it might be an issue on statement cut...  So that card I way overpay because once the insurance does post, it will wipe out any major credit balance to near $0.

Message 2 of 3
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One Posting to Bureau with Pending

CapOne will post whatever balance is on the night in which your statement cuts.  If your pending transaction happens to post tonight then your statement will cut with that balance and in turn that is what will be reported to the bureau. 

If I'm understanding your situation correctly, there is nothing you can really do at this point but hope that charges doesn't post.  Because if memory serves me right, CapOne (at least online) won't allow you to make a payment if your current balance is zero...and most bill payment services will send your payment tomorrow as I don't know if any that offer same day service. 

I wouldn't sweat it too much unless this one charge is going to put your card close to or at its limit...and even so, if you're not apping for anything then it won't matter anyway as utilization has no memory. 

Good luck to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.