cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Pre-approval Site - How Accurate?

tag
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Pre-approval Site - How Accurate?

DI

Thanks for your response.  My utilization is 0% as I do not have any debt.  My scores, when I checked in Oct were in the high 600's.  I was in Iraq from2006-2007 nd haven't used credit since then.  Just thinking that I may need a cc other than my Gov't cc which does not report to CRAs.

I know that pre-approvals are not guarantees; I was just wondering how accurate they could be with the little information they require compared to other sites and their "rate your credit" buttons. It seems to me to be little more than a way to get you to apply.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 11 of 14
Bigreg
Established Member

If I were you, I would seriously consider Navy Federal Credit Union.  Open to all branches of services and I believe some of the gov't workers. They are very generous with the credit lines and with scores in the 600's, they would be your new best friend! Check there web site to see if you can join because you WILL NOT regret it!! 
Message 12 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

@Bigreg wrote:
If I were you, I would seriously consider Navy Federal Credit Union.  Open to all branches of services and I believe some of the gov't workers. They are very generous with the credit lines and with scores in the 600's, they would be your new best friend! Check there web site to see if you can join because you WILL NOT regret it!! 

+1  Start with a CU credit card.  

Message 13 of 14
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I received the same message to re-apply in 45 days?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.