Frequent Contributor
DrJim

Re: Cap One Pre-approval Site - How Accurate?

DI

Thanks for your response.  My utilization is 0% as I do not have any debt.  My scores, when I checked in Oct were in the high 600's.  I was in Iraq from2006-2007 nd haven't used credit since then.  Just thinking that I may need a cc other than my Gov't cc which does not report to CRAs.

I know that pre-approvals are not guarantees; I was just wondering how accurate they could be with the little information they require compared to other sites and their "rate your credit" buttons. It seems to me to be little more than a way to get you to apply.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K,
Bigreg

If I were you, I would seriously consider Navy Federal Credit Union.  Open to all branches of services and I believe some of the gov't workers. They are very generous with the credit lines and with scores in the 600's, they would be your new best friend! Check there web site to see if you can join because you WILL NOT regret it!! 
Super Contributor
DI

Bigreg wrote:
If I were you, I would seriously consider Navy Federal Credit Union.  Open to all branches of services and I believe some of the gov't workers. They are very generous with the credit lines and with scores in the 600's, they would be your new best friend! Check there web site to see if you can join because you WILL NOT regret it!! 

+1  Start with a CU credit card.  

Regular Contributor
Give_Me_Credit_Please

I received the same message to re-apply in 45 days?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}