Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Pre-approval after Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Pre-approval after Chapter 7

I was just discharged from my Chapter 7 at the beginning of August 2017. I immediately applied for a Capital One Quicksilver card and was approved for 1k. I've been using it and paying it off immediately. Yesterday I got a preapproval for their platinum card in the mail. Should I see if I can get it? I thought I read that you can only open a card with Capital One every 6 months. What should I do?
2 REPLIES 2
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Pre-approval after Chapter 7

@Anonymous wrote:
I was just discharged from my Chapter 7 at the beginning of August 2017. I immediately applied for a Capital One Quicksilver card and was approved for 1k. I've been using it and paying it off immediately. Yesterday I got a preapproval for their platinum card in the mail. Should I see if I can get it? I thought I read that you can only open a card with Capital One every 6 months. What should I do? 

That is correct. You can obtain a new Cap One card every 6 months.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap One Pre-approval after Chapter 7

@Anonymous wrote:

For the last year or so their "rule" has been that you can only get approved for one card every six months so it's not likely you'll be able to get another one (yet).

I would say it's likely their mailing list was generated about the same time you were approved for your current card, which is why you weren't excluded from the offer.

Congratulations on your progress rebuilding!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.