Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Prequalifier Reliability?

tag
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One Prequalifier Reliability?

I did it the first time because I already had my Exp frozen because it was my only not clean report and I wanted AMEX to pull another when I applied ( Didnt work, they called me and asked for the pin to pull Exp. Only amex) so I figured I only had to pay to freeze one more and give it a try and it did. I was pretty suprised myself. I had been trying to get in with them for a while. I burned them 10 years ago and I guess they were a little bitter about it. I left them frozen and 61 days later I apped for another and was instant approved again. Oh. and I had EX and TU frozen for the 2 app's.

Message 11 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I'm uber hesitant to apply for anything. I just got a CLI on Discover and a BT with a $3500 CLI on my Sovereign Bank World MC (FIA). I don't want to rock any more boats.

Message 12 of 15
mross1080
Established Contributor

I agree. It's nice to see a pre-approval for a top card but I dont think is worth possible AA over cap one.

Message 13 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MrShush wrote:

I'm uber hesitant to apply for anything. I just got a CLI on Discover and a BT with a $3500 CLI on my Sovereign Bank World MC (FIA). I don't want to rock any more boats.

You're now in the position where you can just save and admire your preapprovals. Sort of the credit equivalent of frat boys (and others) stacking beer cans in their windows. Smiley Wink

I have quite a collection of Citi pre-approvals on hand. They fascinate me, as Citi (via Sears MC) is the only bank that I've ever been exasperated by on a continual basis. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You certainly have a great way of putting things in perspective, HTSU!

I haven't gotten many preapprovals lately, however. A PNC HELOC for "no less that $5000"--that one struck me because I have no relationship with them and they keep mailing me these 'guaranteed' preapprovals. But I think that's about it. I really want a PENFED AMEX but I get no love there.

Citi, they sent me some preapproval to apply nonsense for the Forward card but they just closed 2 unused lines on me and won't touch my DP AMEX's credit line. I guess I'm sour on them right now too. 

End of rant.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.