Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One QS1 - Payment Hold

tag
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One QS1 - Payment Hold

You can't pay with a debit card as far as I know unless something has changed.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
1) I'll start by saying I 'get it' yeah, yeah, yada, yada
Now let's get to the REALITY of the situation.

A) Cap 360 is barely the same freaking 'bank' ... just the truth, we can kick rocks and pout all day but with the mixed systems and agendas even the former ING accounts that aren't all within one integrated system... let's not be surprised that, that crap wouldn't be as smooth as an actually integrated institution like BoA or NFCU ....

2) And IMO most importantly I think you guys ask too much of these systems, especially new accounts under even a month old. These are CC accounts not video games, we've gotten spoiled in putting so much pressure on these, no offense, little $300-$500 starter accounts as if it's somehow some playground

Sure the companies want to get paid but we are BEGGING for problems when these systems are overstressed they just weren't designed for how, folks are now slamming them.

Honestly how much and often would a system be set up to accept, process rinse and repeat a $300 40day old CC account?

I know ppl treat CCs like Debit Cards attached to bank accounts but they aren't and no matter how much one runs through a $300 card in a month their profile isn't gonna support a $5000 CL in 60days, so we might want to slow it down and expect that the 1st 90days of a new account is the honeymoon , they don't know you like that

Gemini101 - First I appreciate all your contributions on the boards, I really do. But, I have to completely disagree with you. My opposing view is not opinion, but fact based.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Holy-CLI-from-Cap1-since-I-started-rebuilding/td-p/4642041

Message 12 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

So there is no confusion, I never paid my Cap One QS1 with a debit card. I am not sure how that came up, but I been paying the card off with my DCU checking account and the last and most recent payment was from my Cap One 360 checking account. 

Ok, so something I noticed today. When I made my payments from my DCU checking account. The payment will be posted on the same day. The next day, the credit available updates, and is released. The amount I paid still sits in my DCU checking account until the next day until is finally deducted from my checking account. Below as an example...

1. QS1 Balance: $200

2. Made payment from DCU checking for $200 on 7/15. 

3. Payment shows as posted on QS1 for $200. Credit available is still $100

4. On 7/16 by 8am. Credit available is now $300

5. On 7/17, DCU checking account is now deducted for $200

Above is just an example. This morning as I am looking at my Cap One 360 checking account, the payment amount is still not with drawn from my account yet. 

Here is what shows as recent activity on my QS1:

1. C1HOLD006CAPONE OTB HOLD $290 PENDING. Made on Friday August 5, 2016

2. Jack in the Box $8.00 PENDING

3. CAPITAL ONE ONLINE PYMT, Posted on Thursday August 4, 2016. $-290

So even if I wanted to try the 3 way call with Cap One and a rep from my Cap One 360 bank, they probably wounldn't release the hold because the funds are still sitting in my 360 checking account. The payment I made to my QS1 is just still stting in my 360 checking account. So I guess I won't be paying from my 360 account anymore, and just stick with my DCU checking account in the future. Or maybe even do a push or bill pay to my QS1. 

I had plans to be agressive with my QS1. I planned to do any charging I needed, and made multiple payments so that I can grow the card. Something I have seen worked for many folks here on the forum with Cap One. But this has certainly slowed everything down. 

Message 13 of 17
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I think I see what youre saying. The same happens with me and all my credit account. My cap1 Venture CL is $14,300. The statement hit today and my balance was $394 leaving my available credit at $13,906. I sent in a payment from my cap1 360 checking account today. The payment is currently processing and tomorrow the venture account will show it as payment posted and paid and my credit CL will show as $14,300. But the money wont actually leave my cap1 360 checking account until Monday because its a weekend. If this was done on a business day the money would have left my checking account the next day.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
1) I'll start by saying I 'get it' yeah, yeah, yada, yada
Now let's get to the REALITY of the situation.

A) Cap 360 is barely the same freaking 'bank' ... just the truth, we can kick rocks and pout all day but with the mixed systems and agendas even the former ING accounts that aren't all within one integrated system... let's not be surprised that, that crap wouldn't be as smooth as an actually integrated institution like BoA or NFCU ....

2) And IMO most importantly I think you guys ask too much of these systems, especially new accounts under even a month old. These are CC accounts not video games, we've gotten spoiled in putting so much pressure on these, no offense, little $300-$500 starter accounts as if it's somehow some playground

Sure the companies want to get paid but we are BEGGING for problems when these systems are overstressed they just weren't designed for how, folks are now slamming them.

Honestly how much and often would a system be set up to accept, process rinse and repeat a $300 40day old CC account?

I know ppl treat CCs like Debit Cards attached to bank accounts but they aren't and no matter how much one runs through a $300 card in a month their profile isn't gonna support a $5000 CL in 60days, so we might want to slow it down and expect that the 1st 90days of a new account is the honeymoon , they don't know you like that

Gemini101 - First I appreciate all your contributions on the boards, I really do. But, I have to completely disagree with you. My opposing view is not opinion, but fact based.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Holy-CLI-from-Cap1-since-I-started-rebuilding/td-p/4642041

Friend, it can ONLY be opinion very little in terms of what will happen with regards to CLI can described as FACT BASED (that's very dangerous term and position to take)

I as an in-house UW that signed off on a gazillion CCs, loans etc would NEVER use the word FACT, when referencing what IS going to happen in response to X stimuli.

The BEST....one could EVER, again IMHO, do is claim 'generally', 'more likely', 'most often' anything else would no offense be a LIE b/c no one can PROMISE as a FACT...that as one pushes X amount of spend thru a card that it is FACT that their profile would be GUARANTEED a huge or even a little CLI....just by simple sanity that can't be a fact.....credit and internal guidelines just do not work that way.

Too many ppl 'think' it's like a GPA where if the average an A with a C it's a B....that's a FACT....meaning ANYBODY use achieves two A grades and two C grades will by exact formula w/o deviation achieve a 3.0 GPA....which is a FACT.....

CLI's are by nature NOT factual and could NEVER be....we all scratch our heads from time to time as to WHY I or someone else was approved for X or Y or Z

Not trying to be a wise guy here but of course we can share our experience but to assume FACT is DANGEROUS and the type of ish that gets ppl in trouble b/c their neighbor, brother, sister's cousin TOLD them THIS is the way it works.....when even when I worked as a loan officer I from time to time had to tell a 'sure thing' UWing said NO....but cousin Bubba has it down to a FACT c'mon now? we can't be sloppy with words b/c too many will take ish as gospel, to their peril.

My original point was one can't EXPECT to change their overall credit profile just by sending spend through an account and I 100% stand by that...

If a lender has internal guidelines that they standby that's whatthey do, period ....can a vendor change a person's initial internal bucketing, of course....is it a guaranteed FACT that the card holder is in 100% control based upon his/her spend = Fool's Gold......

Organizations have internal mechanisms, guidelines and even differment human beings that make vastly different decisions based on ALL types of nonsense...

there was LIVE Q/A thing-a-ma-thing last night on this forum where a former PenFed employee was discussing how the 'new' CEO felt and ran things differently than the last guy....that being the case, which I believe is it just goes to show that this crap is fluid not factual.....that's why we share DATA POINTS not hard and fast FACTS!

There are generally ALWAYS things and considerations taken into account that cousin Scooter doesn't see or pay attention to.....constantly even on this forum ppl will SAY 'hey my score changed and THE ONLY thing different this month is.....'

experienced ppl know by FACT, the above statement, while commonly held...IS NOT ACCURATE, something else is ALWAYS different but the card holder only focuses on what they see/know/care about.......

Spend example

a) One rebounding profile...a person making it 'back' who was given a modest limit of $300-$500 but has great income and a thick file from the past...will MOST LIKELY be given extra 'love' once he/she starts putting in spend....again one could feel it's highly likely but not a fact

b) Same $300-$500 CL given to a 19 y.o. new to credit marginally employed kid can send the same spend through in his/her 1st 60 days and IN GENERAL the profile will NOT get he 'extra' love afforded the above PROFILE....although factually the same spend came thru the CCC coffers with regard to exchange fees

The overall RISK assumption and/or comfortability STILL may adversely effect one profile vs the other and with 'decent' non discriminatory reasoning....

The same way a guy with 2 repos in his past actually might be considred a better RISK to 'perform' on a 50k car loan vs a new to car credit person with a BETTER overall score but no experience with a car note of that size......sounds odd but if a guy paid 3.5 years before repo once on the BMW and 4 years on the Benz....somebody might see him as a person bouncing BACK to where he PROVED he can hang ....whereas a person with a better score but no HISTORY of success at that level might be looked at has a total flyer

Point being it's always educated 'guessing' and experienced based opinions by definition we can't say FACT

Even FICO itself is a GUESS at the RISK of default not a FACTUAL guarantee of anything

but i enjoyed the question, keep it coming...love this forum

I agree, we all bring good ish to the table and strong opinions that may differ based upon where and how they were formed,

but I respecfully have to object to the promotion of FACTS that can hurt ppl into 'thinking' certain things are in stone, when it just doesn't exist....

not in the way ppl are going to HEAR the term FACT!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

To clear confusion about making a payment via debit card.. Yes, you can.

Call into Capital One's customer service and ask to pay via debit card. It is not a PIN based transaction.

In addition to this, I've just found this morning that Capital One's is now allowing payments via debit card on their website as well. Just processed a payment, via debit card, on their website.

Message 16 of 17
Datx
Valued Contributor

Just an update. I checked my Cap One 360 checking account this morning, and finally the amount I paid to my QS1 was deducted from my checking account. I called into Cap One and they did a 3 way call with Cap One 360 rep and we got it all cleared. 

So weird that my payment I made to my QS1 on 8/4, and posted on 8/4 finally deducted from my checking account today on 8/8. I asked the Cap One rep about the reasons why the payment was on hold, and also if maybe it made any difference that I paid with my Cap One 360 checking account this time versus paying with my DCU checking account. Some of the reasons is because the account is new. Also he suggests to make a payment in the beginning of the week instead of like a friday or weekend. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.