cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Quicksilver ..Visa Sig....Am I Able To Go Over My CL ?

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Cap One Quicksilver ..Visa Sig....Am I Able To Go Over My CL ?

My cap one QS Visa sig is getting close to its CL, can I go over my CL, like world cards worked a while ago, you pay what ever you have gone over your revolving line within that statement time frame ?

For what its worth, I have another cap one card with 19k avail on it...not sure if that tells the computer I can go over the CL on the other card or has any bearing 

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Quicksilver ..Visa Sig....Am I Able To Go Over My CL ?

@Andy77 wrote:

My cap one QS Visa sig is getting close to its CL, can I go over my CL, like world cards worked a while ago, you pay what ever you have gone over your revolving line within that statement time frame ?

For what its worth, I have another cap one card with 19k avail on it...not sure if that tells the computer I can go over the CL on the other card or has any bearing 

Thanks

Visa Sig is typically reported as "Flexible spending credit card", So yes. However the CC Issuer can still decline the charge.

Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

Thanks

Visa Sig is typically reported as "Flexible spending credit card", So yes. However the CC Issuer can still decline the charge.

Check with them first to make sure it allows the Flexible Spending capability since not all their cards do automatically.  More often than not it should be ok but check first.

Message 3 of 12
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Thanks

unfortunately, capital one visa signature products don't allow the consumer to go over the limit. but i believe you can with a capital one world mastercard.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 4 of 12
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

For what its worth, I have another cap one card with 19k available on it...not sure if that tells the computer I can go over the CL on the other card or has any bearing 

Thanks

unfortunately, capital one visa signature products don't allow the consumer to go over the limit. but i believe you can with a capital one world mastercard.

Message 5 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

Thanks

Are you sure?  I did and nothing happened... was slightly over my CL and Cap1 still approved new charges.  I was like 10% over the CL at that time last year but no issues there.

Message 6 of 12
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I just got off phone with EO and they told me they dont allow anyone to go over their limits.  I said what if my credit score was 850 and he said, that does not matter we would decline the charge...

So, I giess I have my answer....

Message 7 of 12
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

Thanks

Are you sure?  I did and nothing happened... was slightly over my CL and Cap1 still approved new charges.  I was like 10% over the CL at that time last year but no issues there.

do you in fact own a Capital One credit card and the card you have in fact a world mastercard?

Message 8 of 12
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Andy77 wrote:

Thanks

do you in fact own a Capital One credit card and the card you have in fact a world mastercard?

Cap1 QS Visa Signature not WMC and yes it did work for me... charges approved above 5K when the limit was still 5K

Message 9 of 12
dize
Regular Contributor

Ive had to go over the limit before, I just called them before hand and they approved the charges

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.