Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Quicksilver

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Cap One Quicksilver

Just received an offer in the mail from CapOne: "You're eligible for this exclusive cash back rewards card." The best part is I just PC'd my Platinum to the Venture 10 days ago and the Quicksilver was one of the two products they offered me. I obviously chose the Venture and then this shows up the following week. I am getting rid of 2 or 3 of my crap cards at the end of the month (they are hitting 2 years old), so maybe this 2nd CapOne card would be a decent replacement.

The 3 new cards I am thinking of going for then are: 1) Arrival Plus World MC... 2) NFCU cashRewards... 3) Quicksilver. The Quicksiver looks good on the cover with no AF, unlimited 1.5 cash back, and 0 interest intro till April 2015. However, it also has 22.9% afterwards

Any thoughts on the Quicksilver offer or my gameplan overall would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Smiley Indifferent

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap One Quicksilver

I would app for the Arrival Plus, that I know. Barclays HATES inquiries it seems.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Just received an offer in the mail from CapOne: "You're eligible for this exclusive cash back rewards card." The best part is I just PC'd my Platinum to the Venture 10 days ago and the Quicksilver was one of the two products they offered me. I obviously chose the Venture and then this shows up the following week. I am getting rid of 2 or 3 of my crap cards at the end of the month (they are hitting 2 years old), so maybe this 2nd CapOne card would be a decent replacement.

The 3 new cards I am thinking of going for then are: 1) Arrival Plus World MC... 2) NFCU cashRewards... 3) Quicksilver. The Quicksiver looks good on the cover with no AF, unlimited 1.5 cash back, and 0 interest intro till April 2015. However, it also has 22.9% afterwards

Any thoughts on the Quicksilver offer or my gameplan overall would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Smiley Indifferent

Quicksilver is a best-in-class card.  Key features apart from the obvious 1.5%, no FTF, no AF, are: points become available as transactions post and there is no minimum amount needed for redemption.    Along with the Fidelity Amex, a great card for non-category spending.

Message 3 of 6
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

I would app for the Arrival Plus, that I know. Barclays HATES inquiries it seems.

Yes, I've heard that about Barclays from a lot of people. My plan was to first go for a CLI on my existing NFCU goRewards (hopefully a SP). Then immediately follow that up with ann app onn the Arrival. Then a new app on NFCU cashRewards. Then NavChek. Then send the innvitiation in for the Quicksilver. All over about a one week time period. Not sure how many inquiries I'll receive total, but it definitely will be partying in the garden for awhile afterwards. 

What do you think? Can I make it through the app spree without too much trouble? The only inquiries I have now are 2 from NFCU last April for my membership and goRewards. Both TU.

Message 4 of 6
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Quicksilver is a best-in-class card.  Key features apart from the obvious 1.5%, no FTF, no AF, are: points become available as transactions post and there is no minimum amount needed for redemption.    Along with the Fidelity Amex, a great card for non-category spending.

If I send in the invitation for the Quicksilver, will CapOne run inquiries on all three bureaus? Or just one? Which one even? I hate inquiries.

Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

If I send in the invitation for the Quicksilver, will CapOne run inquiries on all three bureaus? Or just one? Which one even? I hate inquiries.

Almost certainly all three.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.