Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Quicksilver?

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One Quicksilver?

I have been getting emails about changing my reward structure but haven't been interested. I am now and will see if I can get this today.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 11 of 96
Stralem
Established Contributor

Interesting. I wonder if there's a chance I could get my Journey converted to this for the better cash back rate...

Besides, my wallet is rather Visa-heavy; another MC wouldn't hurt.

EDIT: Oh s***, a $39 annual fee. Ugh.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 12 of 96
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I think the real question would be, if I change my card over to this one, what about all of the previous purchases that were bought at 1%?  Will I still get the .5% during the card anniversary or will they automatically credit it with the PC?

Message 13 of 96
Simply827
Established Contributor

Interesting....

I'm glad they're offering new products. Hopefully something really awesome comes out next year and I'll consider reapplying. I'm sure my Platinum and Orchard aren't going to turn into anything useful. 

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 14 of 96
Stralem
Established Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

I think the real question would be, if I change my card over to this one, what about all of the previous purchases that were bought at 1%?  Will I still get the .5% during the card anniversary or will they automatically credit it with the PC?

I just got off the phone with a friendly (but somewhat  difficult to understand) Capital One rep.

I had my Journey PC'd to the Quicksilver One. All purchases will generate 1.5%, but purchases made before the new card activation will not be calculated at that rate.

If you want, I can update you on the terms once the card arrives in the mail.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 15 of 96
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

I just got off the phone with a friendly (but somewhat  difficult to understand) Capital One rep.

I had my Journey PC'd to the Quicksilver One. All purchases will generate 1.5%, but purchases made before the new card activation will not be calculated at that rate.

If you want, I can update you on the terms once the card arrives in the mail.

Thanks, please keep us updated! I would think it would still differ in my situation.  I have a Cash back card that is suppose to equal 1.5% during the 1 year anniversary.  So the terms of my original card is different and still seems to be unanswered what Cap One would do in this situation.

Message 16 of 96
vagrants
Regular Contributor

Last time I upgraded from 1.25% to 1.5% VISA, the CSR told me that I will forefit the 0.25% portion of 1.25% before the anniversary. The CB already earned stayed intact.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 17 of 96
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Ugh maybe I will wait until the anniversary to PC that way I will optimize all of my points without losing any.

Message 18 of 96
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

What number did you call? And did you have to escalate it to a supervisor? I keep getting told there are no offers on my account, blah blah...

Message 19 of 96
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Ugh maybe I will wait until the anniversary to PC that way I will optimize all of my points without losing any.

+1

I was just thinking the same thing! B/c I'm not trying to forefeit jack!!!!!!!!!

Message 20 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.