Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Secured CC PC

tag
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

Cap One Secured CC PC

Is it possible to get a Cap One Secure card PCd to a Quicksilver? I'm coming up on a year with the account open, zero lates, and I'd like to get my deposit back.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fixitquick
Contributor

Re: Cap One Secured CC PC

I was in the same situation recently, except I had the card for almost 3 years.  All of the searching that I did pointed to contacting the Executive Office, but don't count on it.

Ultimately, I just opted to close my $2200 secured card ($2051 deposit) and apped for a Quicksilver - approved with a $2k limit.

Starting Score (08/22/11): TU: 510 / EQ: 512
Current Score 07/11/14 TU: 658 / 07/11/14 EQ: 669 / 07/14/14 EX: 664
Goal Score: 720+ across the board!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Stralem
Established Contributor

They won't PC a secured card. Trust me, I've tried.

You'll have to close the account and app for a new one.

Hope you like being triple-pulled...  Smiley Mad

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 3 of 7
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

That's what I was afraid of. It's just a $500 CL ($400 deposit) and has a zero balance on it. Prob just close it off, overall util is <10% so losing $500 isn't going to hurt....

Thanks for the info!

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 4 of 7
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

+1 They won't PC, lower interest, graduate the card, etc etc lol I tried through the EO route and they said none of those things are possible.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 5 of 7
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

+1 They won't PC, lower interest, graduate the card, etc etc lol I tried through the EO route and they said none of those things are possible.

Just answered my question. I have two secured cards that i will be closing very soon.

Message 6 of 7
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Genkeim wrote:

Is it possible to get a Cap One Secure card PCd to a Quicksilver? I'm coming up on a year with the account open, zero lates, and I'd like to get my deposit back.

I dont believe Cap1 convert secured cards to unsecured. So that won't be possible.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.