Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Secured CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Secured CLI!

I've only read about this happening, but like clockwork, i got one on my 6th month. I literally only spend 35 bucks on it monthly for internet but that's it. I went from 99/200 to 99/500. I don't need the 99 bucks back but i hear people saying it's good to have 3 bank cards. currently i have a qs1 at 2300, merrick bank at 800, and this one at 500. Should i combine this to my qs1? or keep it open and let my accounts age a little longer? I opened up merrick bank and a lowes card in november.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Secured CLI!

I dont think you can combine a secured card to ta unsecured card, I would keep the card, until you get another prime card under your belt. Just my two cents! Smiley Happy

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 2 of 4
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I agree with Nova I don't think you can combine a secured cap one with their unsecured products. You can always apply for an additional cap one card but if it's a sub prime product like quicksilver one you'd probably have to cancel the secured card first.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone mentioned in the forum about getting a letter stating that their secured Cap 1 was unsecuring.  Closed mine, so never received a letter.   What are your scores?  How long have you had the card?  If you don't have the pay the annual  fee, you might consider keeping it open a little longer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.