Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Upgrade- Think there's a problem :-(

tag
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Cap One Upgrade- Think there's a problem :-(

Last week I contacted the Cap. One EO to upgrade my No-Hassle Rewards card to a Quicksliver and also requested a CLI.

The EO immediately upgraded my No-Hassles reward to what she said was the Quick Silver Platinum card.  She said I would receive the card in 7-10 days.

Well, I received an email that I had a Document waiting for me on the Cap. One online website this morning and when I logged on to check.  It was a letter regarding Congratulating about the upgrade and providing info re my "new" Rewards Program. But the through the ENTIRE letter it referred to my new card as No-Hassles Reward!!  Smiley Frustrated  That's what I upgraded FROM!!!  So now I'm confused!  Did she just change my Reward program but kept my account No-Hassle Reward?  She clearly said it was an upgrade offer for the QuickSliver which I accepted.  Should I just call the regular Cust. Service to confirm what I was upgraded to? Or should I wait to hear back from EO and ask then since I'm still waiting on word about my CLI request?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Upgrade- Think there's a problem :-(

Nah I got the upgrade to the Quicksilver and this is the letter I received:

Thank you for your recent inquiry into your Capital One® account. We are very pleased we have had
the opportunity to show our commitment to you. Your No Hassle Rewards upgrade is our way of
saying thank you. Included in this letter are the terms and conditions of your No Hassle Rewards
program.
With Capital One you get more than just a credit card. You get a financial partner who looks out for
you. That means constantly creating credit features and services that best fit your life. When it comes
to serving you, we're in for the long-term. You are a valued cardholder, and we look forward to our
continued financial relationship. If you have any questions about your account, please do not hesitate
to call the toll-free number on the back of your card. Thank you for choosing Capital One.

I got the QS card in the mail and everything else is showing QS, but the No Hassle rewards thing also shows up everywhere for me.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I would wait for EO first tier customer service is pretty hopeless IMHO!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 10
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

Thank you for your recent inquiry into your Capital One® account. We are very pleased we have had
the opportunity to show our commitment to you. Your No Hassle Rewards upgrade is our way of
saying thank you. Included in this letter are the terms and conditions of your No Hassle Rewards
program.
With Capital One you get more than just a credit card. You get a financial partner who looks out for
you. That means constantly creating credit features and services that best fit your life. When it comes
to serving you, we're in for the long-term. You are a valued cardholder, and we look forward to our
continued financial relationship. If you have any questions about your account, please do not hesitate
to call the toll-free number on the back of your card. Thank you for choosing Capital One.

I got the QS card in the mail and everything else is showing QS, but the No Hassle rewards thing also shows up everywhere for me.

Whew!! What a relief! Thank you so much for sharing this so now I know it's the norm and not a "problem".

Thanks again for sharing this information.  Now I'll just continue to wait to hear from them re the CLI.  She said she should know something by today, but if I don't hear back from her I can call her.  I will give it until tomorrow.

Message 4 of 10
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

HA!  Your right about that.  I was hesitant to call them because I didn't want them messing anything up or making it worse if was messed up! LOL!

Message 5 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

HA!  Your right about that.  I was hesitant to call them because I didn't want them messing anything up or making it worse if was messed up! LOL!

FYI my Quicksilver on line shows the Quicksilver card but lists it as Platinum. I had a Platinum before with no rewards no annual fee. Now Quicksilver Platinum with rewards no annual fee.

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 6 of 10
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

FYI my Quicksilver on line shows the Quicksilver card but lists it as Platinum. I had a Platinum before with no rewards no annual fee. Now Quicksilver Platinum with rewards no annual fee.

Hey that's good to know coldnmn because that's another issue I have that I can't wait to discuss with the EO.  I had the No-Hassle Rewards WITH AF; however, when the EO upgraded me and went over the rate/disclosure, she said  Quick Silver Platinum and did not mention an AF.  But I don't see too many on this forum that previously had an AF, but was upgraded to one with no AF.  So I am puzzled by that as well.  Hoping that it works in my favor that it's miraculously the one with no AF! LOL!!!!

Message 7 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Hey that's good to know coldnmn because that's another issue I have that I can't wait to discuss with the EO.  I had the No-Hassle Rewards WITH AF; however, when the EO upgraded me and went over the rate/disclosure, she said  Quick Silver Platinum and did not mention an AF.  But I don't see too many on this forum that previously had an AF, but was upgraded to one with no AF.  So I am puzzled by that as well.  Hoping that it works in my favor that it's miraculously the one with no AF! LOL!!!!

Good Luck! Quicksilver One has the annual fee FYI!

Message 8 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

program.

I think "No Hassle Rewards" is the name of the program, where you get cash back.   The % of cash back (and whether you get it all at once, or some once a year) depends on your card (and maybe individual adjustments).  So the Quicksilver IS a No Hassle Rewards card that pays 1.5% immediately.   THere are other Cap One programs, such as Venture.

Message 9 of 10
Rikku
Regular Contributor

I contacted them last week as well - also upgraded from No Hassle Rewards to QS. Except that I was told that they can't upgrade a card that has an AF to one that does not, so they "upgraded" my card to QS One. I'm not very happy about that, since others seem to have been able to upgrade from AF cards to regular QS. My credit is certainly good enough for an "excellent credit" card rather than an "average credit" card. I think they just don't like me, LOL.

But yes - I received the same letter, but the rep explained that the rewards structure for the QS (and QS One) is 1.5% on everything vs. the 1.25% that I was previously getting. Doesn't really matter to me whether the card says QS or No Hassle Rewards, as long as I'm getting the rewards I'm supposed to be getting.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.