Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture CLI Outcome...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Cap One Venture CLI Outcome...

Opened my card about two months ago...20k cl

Used card a lot and PIF before statement.

Asked for CLI...they declined it stating..account has to be open for six months... I never knew that...oh welll...will try again in 6 or so months....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One Venture CLI Outcome...

Yeah Cap1 is stickler for 6 months unless you go to their EO route.
Message 2 of 6
Andy77
Valued Contributor

ahhh I never knew that.

I wonder what kind of CLI I would get if I already have 20k...wonder if I would get like 2k or something more major like 5 to 10

Considering how Cap One is with most of their very low initial card limits, I would think the CLI I would get would be low too

Message 3 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Who knows. I got a 1.5x increase on my Venture at 6 months and I just made the bonus spend. If you're using it a lot you might see some sweet luv.
Message 4 of 6
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I am usiing it and PIF..but I don't run anywhere near 20k through my card every month...maybe 2.5-4k and PIF in full before statement cuts.

They might feel with that low usage I might not need a lot more credit on the card

Message 5 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Thats still way more than I did. I think I put $1-2k total on the card, inactive for 4 months and still got a CLI. A lot of people dog Cap1 but I will say they are pretty reliable for 6 month CLI regardless of the use.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.