Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture One Prequal GONE

tag
Maddog_
Contributor

Cap One Venture One Prequal GONE

During the Peach Bowl last night, out of boredom , and after seeing several adds for the Venture One, I surfed over the Cap One prequal site to see if I could get a prequal.  I've tried this many times in the past and NEVER gotten anything....EVER.  Even though I have had several Cap one cards with perfect history and significant spending.  Presently I have just one Cap One card, a QuickSilver One,  with a credit line under $10K and $0 balance.

Anyway, I typed in my information and it churned for longer than usual and came back with a prequal for the Venture One at 11.24% interest rate, no annual fee,  and 0% APR for 12 months.  I looked at that for about a minute and decided...naw, I don't really need another credit line and the hard pull is not worth it. So I closed the screen.

Well today I got to thinking about the prequal, and I thought, gee that is a pretty low interest rate...and no annual fee...what the heck, let's see if I can get the card.  But checking today and the prequal will not come back.  I am getting the same old message ........not being able to find a prequal for me.

I wonder if there was some kind of promotion going on during the Peach Bowl, or if something changed in my credit profile overnight ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Maddog_
Contributor

Re: Cap One Venture One Prequal GONE

Another thing that is odd about this is that when the prequal denial comes back on the Capital One web page, it offers suggestions with several cards that I could apply for anyway and it shows the terms for the Venture One to now be a minimum interest rate of 12.49%.

...interesting

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the creditmatch site (creditcards.com) I was always prequalified for 17 cards.  My credit score gets up to 780 and the number dropped to 11.  When I sign into my Chase account it says they have three offers for me (2 of which I already have).  One of those offers if Freedom Unlimited.  Creditkarma says I only have a fair chance of getting the Freedom Unlimited through their site.  I think it's a sales job of some sort.  It doesn't mean you won't get it just because it is not offered as a pre-qualified. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never had the Prequalify show anything for me but I have never been denied a Cap One card.  I have 3.  Not sure how the system works but absence of prequalify doesnt mean you can't get approved.

Message 4 of 5
noobody
Established Contributor

I have very high credit score, I only see cap1 prequalify me for venture twice with lowest apr in the past 3+ years, usually it's gone after couple days, i have to take screen shot to make sure it did happen.
I am confident if i do cold apply, i can get a decent cl with lowest apr available
I hardly prequalify from anybody, non from citi, chase, Amex, and very few junk mail offer from credit card companies.

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.