Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture card

tag
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Venture card

@TheCreditKid wrote:

You should invite him to this forum, maybe he'll become " app happy".

It's only a suggestion Smiley Happy

haha, never gonna happen Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 19
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Invite him anyway!

So maybe he can reach that magical score !

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 12 of 19
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

@TheCreditKid wrote:

Good Luck ! Smiley Happy

Thanks. He said no (for now). He won't **bleep** up his close to perfect scores.

I'm gonna work on him a bit. I think this is one of those cards that would really be worthwhile for us to have.

A great score is perfectly useless unless you use it to get good credit products.

Message 13 of 19
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

You're right, Wolf. But the point of keeping his score high is for a mortgage. We're hoping to buy in March.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 19
GQ-007
Valued Member

I have the Venture one and it's 2 points for every dollar you spend. Also, unlike some Signature cards, this reports a limit. It may not be important if you don't carry a balance. But it is worth noting.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a Venture Card, literally, I was just approved. It will be my first credit card since I paid my old ones off. When I was instantly approved they told me I was approved for a limit of $20,000. Is it wise to have all your credit in one basket like that? I don't know what I would need another card for. I also don't know why I would ever need such a high credit limit, other than for my score, or whatever. What do you all think? Should I have them lower it to a normal human amount?

Message 16 of 19
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

You're right, Wolf. But the point of keeping his score high is for a mortgage. We're hoping to buy in March.

Now we have a trump card.   I don't think you should app for anything until mortgage is closed. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got a Venture Card, literally, I was just approved. It will be my first credit card since I paid my old ones off. When I was instantly approved they told me I was approved for a limit of $20,000. Is it wise to have all your credit in one basket like that? I don't know what I would need another card for. I also don't know why I would ever need such a high credit limit, other than for my score, or whatever. What do you all think? Should I have them lower it to a normal human amount?

don't ask for a CLD.... But do get at least one more credit card if you only have one.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. And, what, if I may, is the rationale for having two cards? Although I've had credit for years, I'm rather new to "the game."

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.