cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture help (long, stick with me please!)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Venture help (long, stick with me please!)

What the heck!!! I unfroze EQ in anticipation of applying for Venture - says I'm preQ'd for QS1 and Platinum!!! Taxi, You said all they were offering was QS1 and you got venture approved??

I'd like to apply but it bothers me that they are only saying the platinum... THE PLATINUM! I already have a QS (no af!)

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also - I can take it to mean that EQ is officially unfrozen since Cap 1 giving me Pre Qual? I guess I'd apply tonight unless anyone says that doesn't mean EQ is unfrozen. 

Message 22 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It is unfroozen as you are getting pre-quals... Nothing is a guranteed approval in the credit world as you know, but i think you honestly have a good shot at the Venture if you so choose to apply, as aways applying to credit nothing is guranteed even with 800+ credit scores.  Best of luck if you do and let us know the outcome!

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

It is unfroozen as you are getting pre-quals... Nothing is a guranteed approval in the credit world as you know, but i think you honestly have a good shot at the Venture if you so choose to apply, as aways applying to credit nothing is guranteed even with 800+ credit scores.  Best of luck if you do and let us know the outcome!

Ohhhh CreditCuriousity .... I am experiencing great heartache. I app'd and got this message:

"

Thank you for submitting an application for a Capital One credit card.

We attempt to provide an application decision in 60 seconds or less. On occasion, system availability affects our ability to make a credit decision or, in some cases, we need to collect additional information. Unfortunately, we need more time to look into this for you.

Keep an eye out for additional details regarding your application via email or mail within 7-10 business days.

Until we contact you, please do not submit another application.

Questions? Review our Frequently Asked Questions.

Please do not hit your browser's Back button."

I called IMMEDIATELY and was told there is fraud alert placed on the account. UGH!!! What the heck! Does that automatically happen when you place freeze? So I'm to send in DL & SSN and call back in 48 hours. I could weep! It kept spinning and spinning and.... and then this! Bummer.

Message 24 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ohhhh CreditCuriousity .... I am experiencing great heartache. I app'd and got this message:

"

We attempt to provide an application decision in 60 seconds or less. On occasion, system availability affects our ability to make a credit decision or, in some cases, we need to collect additional information. Unfortunately, we need more time to look into this for you.

Keep an eye out for additional details regarding your application via email or mail within 7-10 business days.

I called IMMEDIATELY and was told there is fraud alert placed on the account. UGH!!! What the heck! Does that automatically happen when you place freeze? So I'm to send in DL & SSN and call back in 48 hours. I could weep! It kept spinning and spinning and.... and then this! Bummer.

Did you put a fraud alert on your account?  Security Freezes and fraud alerts are different things.  Fraud alerts are usually put on accounts of idenity theft victims.  They just need to verify it is you are you should still be good.  Send them the require info being the DL and SSN and hopefully all should be good.  Sucks it wasn't instant, but they can't approve you instantly nor can any CC when a fraud alert is on one of your CRA's.  I would removed the fraud alerts from your credit bureaus whichever one they might be on and just use security freezes from now on.. Maybe you got confused between the two being security freezes and fraud alerts?

Get them the info ASAP for youself and I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but sounds promising if it is indeed a fraud alert and they are asking for this info as required.  Never had a fraud alert on any of my accounts, but think it is standard protocol to verify idenity if you have it on your CRA's.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

"

Did you put a fraud alert on your account?  Security Freezes and fraud alerts are different things.  Fraud alerts are usually put on accounts of idenity theft victims.  They just need to verify it is you are you should still be good.  Send them the require info being the DL and SSN and hopefully all should be good.  Sucks it wasn't instant, but they can't approve you instantly nor can any CC when a fraud alert is on one of your CRA's.  I would removed the fraud alerts from your credit bureaus whichever one they might be on and just use security freezes from now on.. Maybe you got confused between the two being security freezes and fraud alerts?

Get them the info ASAP for youself and I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but sounds promising if it is indeed a fraud alert and they are asking for this info as required.  Never had a fraud alert on any of my accounts, but think it is standard protocol to verify idenity if you have it on your CRA's.

I have never placed any fraud alerts. I was included in some breach so I get TU frozen/unfrozen for free and have paid $10 each time to freeze and unfreeze EX & EQ. I have never placed fraud alerts. Does that maybe happen automatically with breaches?  I'm really confused. I pulled EQ & sure enough it says "fraud alert" twice on the report. Don't understand. 

I really hope the fraud alert is the issue. Gathering all documents now. Will keep y'all updated. Still so bummed.

Message 26 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

"

I have never placed any fraud alerts. I was included in some breach so I get TU frozen/unfrozen for free and have paid $10 each time to freeze and unfreeze EX & EQ. I have never placed fraud alerts. Does that maybe happen automatically with breaches?  I'm really confused. I pulled EQ & sure enough it says "fraud alert" twice on the report. Don't understand. 

I really hope the fraud alert is the issue. Gathering all documents now. Will keep y'all updated. Still so bummed.

Not sure how they got put on, could of been from that data breach, but I would think they would have to ask your permission to put them on..  I would advise you to remove them from all your CRA's..  Give them a call or research how to do it just by googling and get them removed and just use security freezes IMO in the future as to me they seem like a headache as you will never get an instant approval as it is required by law that CC issuers identify your idenity if you have those on any of your reports that they pull.

I think you will be fine, get those addressed and when you hear back please let us all know what your approval amount is Smiley Happy..  Best of luck, fingers crossed for you!

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I will update as soon as I hear.

Message 28 of 30
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

op any updates?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 29 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Bump.. Get them the info they requested?  Be sure to follow through with the CRA's and get those fraud alerts removed from the CRA's that have them.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.