Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture miles redemption

tag
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Cap One Venture miles redemption

Can miles be used to partially pay for travel expenses? For example, I have about 48,000 miles. If I incur a $500 hotel expense, am I able to use all my miles to reduce this expense by $480 OR must I have at least 50,000 miles to totally offset this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Venture miles redemption

@pi-r-squared wrote:
Can miles be used to partially pay for travel expenses? For example, I have about 48,000 miles. If I incur a $500 hotel expense, am I able to use all my miles to reduce this expense by $480 OR must I have at least 50,000 miles to totally offset this?

You can redeem for part of a charge.  Just note that once you redeem for part of a charge, you can't redeem on that charge again.  So if you have, say, a $600 hotel expense and redeemed $480 on it, and then quickly earned another 4,000 miles, you couldn't apply those 4,000 miles for another $40 off that $600 charge; you'd have to have another charge to apply miles against.

Chris.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.