Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One Venture

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

You can't really be mad if you do get 6 HPs. We all know the policy of 3 HPs for the application, and nowhere does it state that applying for another product that day will use the same pull. It's just chance/luck. No one is forcing you to apply for the cards, and you are knowingly taking the risk.  However, after those 6 HPs at least Capital One will never HP you again, for CLI etc.

Realistically, even the 6 HPs, 2 for each bureau, is not that big of a deal unless you have a ton of upcoming apps planned but it just means you may have to change your plans if you want the Cap One cards. You can't have everything.

Sure you can, just have to plan it out correctly Smiley Happy.  If there is a will there is a way.

I do agree though you are gambling on hoping they use the same pulls (they do have every right to pull you again, although kinda cruel and as they are changing their "image" I think they know the triple pull is painful and a double triple pull on the same day is even worse, thus you don't see it as much anymore), just like with Chase apps on the same days, just Chase does it to a lesses extent 1 or 2 pulls vs 3 for one application..

I think it balances out. You get more HPs up front with Capital One, but when it comes time for CLIs, you're safe from HPs almost 100% of the time.

Chase may pull you less initially, but forget about asking for a SP CLI! So it kind of evens out, I think.

Message 31 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

You can't really be mad if you do get 6 HPs. We all know the policy of 3 HPs for the application, and nowhere does it state that applying for another product that day will use the same pull. It's just chance/luck. No one is forcing you to apply for the cards, and you are knowingly taking the risk.  However, after those 6 HPs at least Capital One will never HP you again, for CLI etc.

Realistically, even the 6 HPs, 2 for each bureau, is not that big of a deal unless you have a ton of upcoming apps planned but it just means you may have to change your plans if you want the Cap One cards. You can't have everything.

Sure you can, just have to plan it out correctly Smiley Happy.  If there is a will there is a way.

I do agree though you are gambling on hoping they use the same pulls (they do have every right to pull you again, although kinda cruel and as they are changing their "image" I think they know the triple pull is painful and a double triple pull on the same day is even worse, thus you don't see it as much anymore), just like with Chase apps on the same days, just Chase does it to a lesses extent 1 or 2 pulls vs 3 for one application..

I think it balances out. You get more HPs up front with Capital One, but when it comes time for CLIs, you're safe from HPs almost 100% of the time.

Chase may pull you less initially, but forget about asking for a SP CLI! So it kind of evens out, I think.

That is true about Chase forget about a CLI without a HP unless you are one of the lucky ones that get these magical auto CLI's..  Don't know if they pull numbers out of the hat for those who get them or what as I have put alot of spend through my CSP and no such luck..  So it does kinda balance out unless you want to open another account and just get your CL increase that way, but you are incurring at least one HP and a AAoA ding.  If Cap1 stick with their current good limits and image change around they are going to take a chunk out of Chase/Citi's/BofA/Etc bottom line in the CC arena.

Honestly what they are doing with the Venture/QS w/regards to limits is geneous as long as they have the reserves and can take a loss for the people that get in trouble and default.. I think they have this down to a science though due to being in the sub-prime market for so long and know exactly what they are doing

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Striker1 wrote:

Just applied and was approved at 15K! I thought about applying for QS but no need to risk possibly having another triple pull when I don't need it.  In the meantime I have about six months until I have an auto loan paid off, and I am one month from having $7k in student loans paid off so I plan on waiting it out to apply for an AmEx.  

Thanks again everyone!

Awesome! Congrats!

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; Band of A Travel Rewards 3.5k; Bank of A Travel Rewards 3.5k; Bank of A Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; Utilization: 12%; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 5 TU: 7; EX 3; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.