Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One and the 10 day message for a cli

tag
topisnear
Established Member

Cap One and the 10 day message for a cli

So last night i got the urge to try the luv button for both of my cap one cards. one a venture and the other just received a pc from platinum to Quicksilver one. Both attempts gave me the 10 day notice, ugh. 3500 limit on the venture and a small 1000 limit on the QS. Their score tracker shows a credit score of 675. Im not to concerned about the venture limit but i would like to get the QS to ATLEAST 3 grand. Oh well we shall see what they say.

AMEX PRG NPSL charge about $2000 month, Capital one Venture $320 (for Uti) on $3500, Chase Freedom $0 on $2000,
Discover IT $0 on $2300, Wells Fargo Platinum $0 on $1600,
Capital one QuickSilver $0 on $1000, Wells LOC 0 of $5000
Scores: Purchased here on myfico
703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Goals: 720+ all across and a AMEX PRG
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kmon
Established Member

Re: Cap One and the 10 day message for a cli

Good luck, hard to get capital one to budge tried a couple weeks ago and no go but your luck may be better!

Message 2 of 7
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

If you are enrolled in paper documents with Cap1, there should be a letter in your online documents either today or tomorrow stating the reason for the denial.

I would start there and see what it is .

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 3 of 7
topisnear
Established Member

The CSR told me that as well, so I went ahead and updated the system to receive online documents. Hopefully it was enough time to receive this electronic letter.

AMEX PRG NPSL charge about $2000 month, Capital one Venture $320 (for Uti) on $3500, Chase Freedom $0 on $2000,
Discover IT $0 on $2300, Wells Fargo Platinum $0 on $1600,
Capital one QuickSilver $0 on $1000, Wells LOC 0 of $5000
Scores: Purchased here on myfico
703 Experian
698Transunion
692 Equifax

Goals: 720+ all across and a AMEX PRG
Message 4 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

CapitalOne seems to use an old SP report when evaluating a CLI, for me it was like 6 weeks older than what I requested

Message 5 of 7
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

CapitalOne seems to use an old SP report when evaluating a CLI, for me it was like 6 weeks older than what I requested

Yes they are notorious for this practice.  Last time I applied for a CLI, they pulled a 6 month old report for me!!!!  I had to go through the EO and eventually got a bump.  But yeah as often discussed on here, their business practices are pretty quirky.

Message 6 of 7
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

@topisnear wrote:

So last night i got the urge to try the luv button for both of my cap one cards. one a venture and the other just received a pc from platinum to Quicksilver one. Both attempts gave me the 10 day notice, ugh. 3500 limit on the venture and a small 1000 limit on the QS. Their score tracker shows a credit score of 675. Im not to concerned about the venture limit but i would like to get the QS to ATLEAST 3 grand. Oh well we shall see what they say.

Their score tracker is just credit karma and it is a FAKO score.  Now if they decline your cli they will send you the score from their last account review.  they tend to soft pull alot for account reviews.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.