Established Contributor
kroberts67

Cap One card differences?

I have the Cap One Cash Rewards MC (credit steps) with the $39 AF went from 300 to 500.

I noticed they have a VISA that sounds the same but with no AF.  I was going to call them about waiving the AF before my anniversary date rolls around.  Should I be asking for a PC instead (or both)?  Why would they give one one over the other;  is the MC issued for lower credit scores?

FICO: EQ 722 | TU 723 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $11.3k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $13.5k, Cap1 $4k, Freedom $5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $5k.

My Credit Repair Journey
09Lexie

Re: Cap One card differences?

The nonAF cc is for excellent credit. AFAIK, you cannot PC
Regular Contributor
scarzy

[ Edited ]

Also, you could go to the EO route and ask for the AF to be removed permanently. Plus, you could ask for a cli that might match your highest limit card that you have currently.

For the EO's contact information, just do a search for it. Many had success with that!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Established Contributor
kroberts67

scarzy wrote:

Also, you could go to the EO route and ask for the AF to be removed permanently. Plus, you could ask for a cli that might match your highest limit card that you have currently.

For the EO's contact information, just do a search for it. Many had success with that!

Thanks for the info.  Think I'll request that it be removed permanently and I'll try for a CLI at that time.  I tried the EO route back in March to no avail.  I got the infamous phone call but then he never called me back to tell me either way, and the only increase I saw happen was the credit steps increase about 3 weeks later.  Not sure if they dropped the ball or if I just wasn't deserving!  My UT should be way down and my score up in a few months time so I'll try again then.  At that time they pulled all 3 and my EX was my downfall.

FICO: EQ 722 | TU 723 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $11.3k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $13.5k, Cap1 $4k, Freedom $5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $5k.

My Credit Repair Journey
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

The real specifics are just that initial CLs for the cash rewards MC go from 300-3000(can go higher with CLIs just not approval limit) ,a cash rewards visa (No AF) will not be issued with a limit under 3000$. Same rewards structure, only difference is a sign up bonus and AF.
>

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}