cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One card not updating balance! UGH!

tag
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One card not updating balance! UGH!

Not even really sarcastic.  More of a fun and silly way to say congrats.  *as i thought to myself, wow nice! 613 and mortgage..[thought it was 640/620]...congrats...*

But i see the seriousness of life as taken away OPs sense of humor (even dry humor) away.  Some ppl get jokes, and so ppl don't.  oh well.

And it was actually me trying to bump the thread so that OP could hopefully get the answer to her question.

No need to say thanks.

Message 11 of 16
Involus
Regular Contributor

These things take time. You can't expect them to update your reports every time you make a payment.

As for your comment about most people are here because of bad credit - this simply isn't true there are just a many people with excellent/good credit as their are bad. And this forum is for help - try not to get so heated when someone is unaware of something.
Message 12 of 16
igids1
Regular Contributor

Yes, Fha requires a minimum of 580, but most lenders have their own requirements above and beyond the FHA requirements. I have been unable to find any lender (bank) that is willing to go below 640. It might help some of us here if you would be willing to tell us who approved your mortgage, so that maybe we might look into them also. Did  you have any unpaid collections/charge offs showing?

Message 13 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just a note from your friendly neighborhood mod,  please play nicely.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 16
jandj80
Regular Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:
These things take time. You can't expect them to update your reports every time you make a payment.

As for your comment about most people are here because of bad credit - this simply isn't true there are just a many people with excellent/good credit as their are bad. And this forum is for help - try not to get so heated when someone is unaware of something.

I actually posted this message on the rebuilding credit thread to begin with, which is why I stated that most people on that board had or did have bad credit. A mod moved it over here. And I would expect a creditor to update my account after 2.5 months, as the creditor certainly would report me late if I took that long to pay them. I asked a simple question, and the reply from CCnewCC had nothing to do with my question at all. Its unfortunate that you can't see why I would be upset, as I do not take what we have gone through lightly. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
jandj80
Regular Contributor

@igids1 wrote:

Yes, Fha requires a minimum of 580, but most lenders have their own requirements above and beyond the FHA requirements. I have been unable to find any lender (bank) that is willing to go below 640. It might help some of us here if you would be willing to tell us who approved your mortgage, so that maybe we might look into them also. Did  you have any unpaid collections/charge offs showing?

We went with a local lender. Large banks/national banks have more tricky requirements. You need to call around to credit unions and local banks in your area. If you live in a small town it might be tougher. I called a lot of banks before I was able to find one with the lower requirement. 

Yes, we have 2 unpaid medical collections, and the LO told us not to pay them (we owe under $400 total). The underwriter did not ask us to pay them in her stipulations either. 

All other baddies: One paid charge off- 2 years old ($614), BK d/c in Feb 2006, 6 paid medical collections (only on one report), two paid non medical collections (on two reports), and one paid medical judgement (only on one report). We previously had a couple 30 and one 60 days lates that were a couple years old, but I GW'd and got them removed, along with a state tax lein from 2008. 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.