Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One combination fail!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One combination fail!

I am so mad right now! I paid of my 2500 card to combine with my 4500 and the site said I AM NOT ELIGIBLE. Chat and customer service did nothing!

Simple question like "who can explain why I can't combine", no soul able to answer

I am tempted to call and ask to close the paid off one, despite the hit on my score (and bet I get someone in US to talk to me )

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One combination fail!

Have you had the cards for 6 months?
I don't see why you want to close the card because they won't combine. You should find out why you are not eligible.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had both cards for 10-12 months. They could not tell me from India Smiley Happy

When I asked who can answer they said they don't know.

Wonder if call to close the paid off one,  I get an American on the phone LOL

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 5 Cap one at one point. I was able to combine all but one. And i have had the card for 8 years. It was an old HSBC. No one could tell me why i coulnd combine it.I feel your pain.

Message 4 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

call technical support when open today and see if they can figure it out for you.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to wait until the payment posts and there's a 0 balance with no pending transactions. What kind of card is it? If its secured its not going to work, if its a plat/qs/vent/qs1/v1 then itll work - not sure if any of the cobranded ones are working.

Give me infos OP.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 7 of 25
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had 5 Cap one at one point. I was able to combine all but one. And i have had the card for 8 years. It was an old HSBC. No one could tell me why i coulnd combine it.I feel your pain.

I wonder, if in your situation, if it has something to do with the fact that it is an old HSBC account?  I guess I will find out in about a month or so!  I plan on combining my Visa Signature card with my old Household MC.  This will give me a very high MC with them.  I am curious if they will then offer up a World card for that account.  (I don't need the Visa Signature benefits, I have other Visa Signature cards anyway, and the MC is an older account.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 25
ddemari
Super Contributor

Op- i have 3 cap1 cards with a 0 balance and they are 10 days into my cycle. Each account is 3-4 years old, excellent payment history. Cant combine either!
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am so mad right now! I paid of my 2500 card to combine with my 4500 and the site said I AM NOT ELIGIBLE. Chat and customer service did nothing!

Simple question like "who can explain why I can't combine", no soul able to answer

I am tempted to call and ask to close the paid off one, despite the hit on my score (and bet I get someone in US to talk to me )

Wait until next statement, perhaps?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.