Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One combination fail!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One combination fail!

Even though you maxed it over by $5. However you were never late and you proved to capital one that you can handel both of their cards, since you can still charge both of there cards with the your current CL (even if they are separate) why would it make any difference to them if you combined it. I just don't understand why capital one is soo difficult when it comes to cli.

Message 21 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Even though you maxed it over by $5. However you were never late and you proved to capital one that you can handel both of their cards, since you can still charge both of there cards with the your current CL (even if they are separate) why would it make any difference to them if you combined it. I just don't understand why capital one is soo difficult when it comes to cli.

I don't think they are that difficult...they're conservative, you generally only get a CLI every 6 months, etc, but they seem to grow with people who use the cards. The exception would be the lower tier products, ie QS1 and stuff but they aren't really meant to grow as they aren't something you would want to keep forever. You use it to build your history and credit, then you can apply for a better product which will grow with you.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well KDM it seems that my quicksilver platinum visa is worth keeping and the quicksilver 1 MC is worth combinding I understand that. Part I don't get is how conservative capital one is when it comes to cli they triple pulled me for both cards. I treat these cards really good and make 6 or 7 times a month of payments just so my utilization stays under 10% 

Message 23 of 25
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I'll be combining my QS1 MC & Plat MC in the near future. Am I to assume I should combine the Plat MC into the QS1, and then pc to a QS, and then hopefully get a better 2nd card if they'll allow it?

Message 24 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

I'll be combining my QS1 MC & Plat MC in the near future. Am I to assume I should combine the Plat MC into the QS1, and then pc to a QS, and then hopefully get a better 2nd card if they'll allow it?

I would use APR, account age, and annual fee (if any) to determine what to combine into what.  That being said, it's usually straight-forward to PC a Platinum to QS, however some (including myself) have been unable to upgrade an existing QS1 to QS (to get rid of the AF).  The excuse has always been, "there is no offer currently on the account".

This isn't always the case, as some have had no problem.  I just mention it here as a data point; while Capital One is generally pretty good with PC's, it's not always a slam-dunk.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.