cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One credit limit increase explanation ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One credit limit increase explanation ?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital one is weird with CLI's . I put thousands on my card in the 6 months hoping to get a better CLI but only got 200 . My girlfriend that rarley used her $300 cap 1 card got an auto CLI of $3000 after her 5th statement . That's 10X her starting limit . With capital one you never know . Just use the card as you normally would and hope for the best when it's time for your CLI .

+1 cant agree more.. To whom they give good raises to vs. 200 or 300 CLI's makes absolutely no sense at all!  Its seems the give bigger limits to people with lower scores to be honest to maybe get customer loyalty with them?  I dunno, I can't figure them out for hte life of me w/regards to CLI's.

Or they hope to get some interest Smiley Happy ....really looks like a spin on the lottery wheel with Cap1 and for once I was among the lucky ones on the spin ..lol

Once i'm entrenched in the 700+, I'm going to test this whole lottery wheel thing and app for a Venture or a VentureOne to see if i'm yet good enough for a 5 digit starting CL.

Of course taking 3 HP's Smiley Tongue

You're a funny one.

Message 11 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital one is weird with CLI's . I put thousands on my card in the 6 months hoping to get a better CLI but only got 200 . My girlfriend that rarley used her $300 cap 1 card got an auto CLI of $3000 after her 5th statement . That's 10X her starting limit . With capital one you never know . Just use the card as you normally would and hope for the best when it's time for your CLI .

+1 cant agree more.. To whom they give good raises to vs. 200 or 300 CLI's makes absolutely no sense at all!  Its seems the give bigger limits to people with lower scores to be honest to maybe get customer loyalty with them?  I dunno, I can't figure them out for hte life of me w/regards to CLI's.

Or they hope to get some interest Smiley Happy ....really looks like a spin on the lottery wheel with Cap1 and for once I was among the lucky ones on the spin ..lol

Once i'm entrenched in the 700+, I'm going to test this whole lottery wheel thing and app for a Venture or a VentureOne to see if i'm yet good enough for a 5 digit starting CL.

You're a funny one.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're a funny one.

This one knows better. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, it's hard to tell. I went from $300 to $2300 on my Platinum MC after sixth statement cut and then only went from $300 to $500 on my QS1 a few days later when my sixth statement cut on that one. There is no rhyme or reason to what they do or why they do it. It looks like if they were confident to give me a way bigger line on my first card than promised, why not do it on the second? Makes no sense.
Message 14 of 15
JOHNINAZ
New Contributor

Thanks for all the replies and I guess its just a crap shoot with them. Being I hate paying any interest, any balance I leave is minimal at best so that might not be something they view worthy enough to give a higher increase too. Guess time will tell.

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 645,630,615
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.