Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One - how do they handle AU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One - how do they handle AU?

Hello again folks,

The other thread got long and geared in a different direction - if this needs to be merged, please do so.

I am wondering how Cap One looks at AU accounts? Any evidence to support anything specific?

My highest cards for bank are $2500 and store $17k but I have a USAA mastercard AU account at $12k..... will they take that into consideration when I app Venture? Or am I stuck with my puny $2500 CU card as highest?

Thanks in advance, y'all guys are great.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One - how do they handle AU?

I can't really answer your question, but I'm eager to know too. I'm AU on a Discover card that has a 6k CL whereas my Cap One CLs are 2.25k and 1.5k one of which is 8 years old. I hope that plays into my call to the EO office to get a CLI and my app for Venture/QS Siggy down the line. Smiley Happy

Edit: I guess I should specify that I'm not an AU on that account. It's actually a legit Joint Account. 

Message 2 of 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello again folks,

The other thread got long and geared in a different direction - if this needs to be merged, please do so.

I am wondering how Cap One looks at AU accounts? Any evidence to support anything specific?

My highest cards for bank are $2500 and store $17k but I have a USAA mastercard AU account at $12k..... will they take that into consideration when I app Venture? Or am I stuck with my puny $2500 CU card as highest?

Thanks in advance, y'all guys are great.

Personally i think its possible they will be factored in since its a computer. If declined and a analyst reviews then they will ignore the AU accounts. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

My experience is that an AU will get you in the door with CapOne, I have helped a familty member and a close family freind get started by making them an AU on my capOne cards ( neither one was issued an actual card), both people were able to get a CapOne Quicksilver rebuilder card afterwards.  But I don't think it will count for much for one of their higher teir cards like  venture. They do ask have you had experience with a card with a 5k+ limit for more than a year. Being an AU means you really aren't responsible so most likely won't be counted, YMMV, good luck if you decide to apply. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied on be half of my wife.  She's a foreign national, green card holder, so no credit history at all.  She's an AU on my CSP (10k), Arrival+ (5k), Korean Air (9k), and Freendom (3.5k).  She was auto-approved for a 3k limit.  Before we applied, we checked C1 pre-approved page, and QS1 was on that list.

If I had to bet, I'd say AU makes a difference.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied on be half of my wife.  She's a foreign national, green card holder, so no credit history at all.  She's an AU on my CSP (10k), Arrival+ (5k), Korean Air (9k), and Freendom (3.5k).  She was auto-approved for a 3k limit.  Before we applied, we checked C1 pre-approved page, and QS1 was on that list.

It sure does.  Of course it depends on the length of history, the credit limits,  and utilization of the au cards that are rolled over.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It sure does.  Of course it depends on the length of history, the credit limits,  and utilization of the au cards that are rolled over.

In our case it was 4 cards, all under 6mo age, and basically nothing util (whatever posted after I paid full a few days before statement closed).

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

She can try for the Macy's Am Ex IN STORE. If denied she will definitely get the store card. 

Maybe wait 2-3 months and go for the AmEx ED and PRG.

Try the BBVA Compass bank NBA Am Ex card on line now.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In our case it was 4 cards, all under 6mo age, and basically nothing util (whatever posted after I paid full a few days before statement closed).

I think your wife can go for the Macy's Am Ex in store now.  Worst case she will get the store card, Also the BBVA Compass NBA Am Ex on line now.  In 2-3 months try the Am Ex ED and PRG back to backif one is approved. I saw your other post but didn't see the credit history. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.