Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One -- huh??!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One -- huh??!

Okay, I think I posted a while back about Cap One sending hubby an offer for another card, right? Well, thinking we could get another one and combine the two, we app. DECLINED. No explanation. Just "Thanks, but no thanks." Fine.

So on the same fricking day that we get the reason letter in the mail, we get ANOTHER offer!!

Now, then ... what did the reason letter say as to why he was declined for another card??? You'll never guess! TOO MANY CAP ONE CREDIT CARDS!! We only have ONE!!

Any clue as to why ONE Cap One card would be considered "too many?" Anyone know why if ONE is too many, why they keep sending us offers??

Seriously, my brain hurts. Bad. o_O

Anyone else deal with this?????
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One -- huh??!

That would make my head hurt too...
Message 2 of 14
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Wonderin wrote:
Okay, I think I posted a while back about Cap One sending hubby an offer for another card, right? Well, thinking we could get another one and combine the two, we app. DECLINED. No explanation. Just "Thanks, but no thanks." Fine.

So on the same fricking day that we get the reason letter in the mail, we get ANOTHER offer!!

Now, then ... what did the reason letter say as to why he was declined for another card??? You'll never guess! TOO MANY CAP ONE CREDIT CARDS!! We only have ONE!!

Any clue as to why ONE Cap One card would be considered "too many?" Anyone know why if ONE is too many, why they keep sending us offers??

Seriously, my brain hurts. Bad. o_O

Anyone else deal with this?????

I think their answer is dumb but I'm pretty sure you have to wait 90 days between apping for more cap 1 cards. How long have you had this one?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will never understand those people, myself! I have one of those Never-Gonna-Get-An-Increase cards, and they (almost daily) send me offers. Based on the results that I've read in these forums, I simply refuse to app for another card in an attempt to combine. I figure they'll imagine some reason to decline me, LOL! I have NEVER been late, or over the limit in the more than 2 years that I've had the account, and ALWAYS PIF. If that isn't good enough to CLI the one card, I don't doubt that they have it in for me.

I'm sorry that this happened to you and your DH. I've sock-drawered their Crap card, and it's the very first that I'm planning to chop next year.

I say forget them. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their madness.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was probably an error. I'd call them, only because it's aggravating to get all 3 crs pulled and no card. I am pretty sure they let people have 2 cards @ least. Did he very recently close and combine another Cap1 card? That's the only other reason I can think of other than error.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-14-2008 09:28 PM
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I just saw this one. Unless mine are just a fluke, Cap One should let you have more than one card. I actually have 3 from them (not sure how that happened. Granted they are all for tiny $500 limits and haven't gone up at all in the last 6 years, but with no AF they are good to keep around.
Message 6 of 14
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

WELL I USED TO HAVE 4 ACC WITH CAP ONE BEFORE I INCLUDE THEM IN MY BK .
SO THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL .
IF I WAS YOU I WILL CALL THEM .
GOOD LUCK .Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could it be the 90 days thing? Hubby's only had his since July 18. It really seems longer than that, to me at least.

I was really shocked to discover that only one statement (thus far) has cut for him. We expect the next one to cut any day now. I was REALLY shocked about that 'cause I apped for a card (got $300 :yuck!:, 0% APR until 7/09, and $29AF)on the 4th of this month and got the card and my first statement the SAME DAY!

Should DH ask for a CLI after the second statement cuts? We've PIFed twice, and before DH would ask for a CLI, we'd PIF the current balance (this weekend).

Also, anyone know if I have a shot at calling a backdoor # for a CLI on activation? I called the "activation number" and asked then (stupid, I know ... but I was in the car and didn't have the backdoor # on hand) and just got someone who barely spoke english and read from a script (and tried to sell me payment protection and credit monitoring).

Thanks guys!! SO much!! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your insanity. (Maybe that's not the right word.) Anyway, I was declined by Cap 1, tried two recon letters, (nice ones I thought) and two calls, well, last week I think one of my recons was approved by Cap 1. At least thats what some mebers here told me when I posted last week. So, yesterday in the mail I got a letter from Cap 1 for a Pre-Approved offer...??????? Now, was my recon accepted or is this what they meant when the Credit Analyst said she was going to recommend me for a card with a $300 limit?
Message 9 of 14
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Pappy214 wrote:
I feel your insanity. (Maybe that's not the right word.) Anyway, I was declined by Cap 1, tried two recon letters, (nice ones I thought) and two calls, well, last week I think one of my recons was approved by Cap 1. At least thats what some mebers here told me when I posted last week. So, yesterday in the mail I got a letter from Cap 1 for a Pre-Approved offer...??????? Now, was my recon accepted or is this what they meant when the Credit Analyst said she was going to recommend me for a card with a $300 limit?

No. It is just an invitation to apply like any other pre-app. It doesn't mean anything.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.