Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One income update

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Cap One income update

Last week, i got a pop-up asking for updated income, in order to determine any future CLIs.

I've had the card since 2009, and have never been asked this, also have never had a CLI.

Anyone else get this pop-up lately?

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One income update

Never got a pop/message like that but I would do it; I mean it can't hurt anything.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 2 of 24
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

Last week, i got a pop-up asking for updated income, in order to determine any future CLIs.

I've had the card since to 2009, and have never been asked this, also have never had a CLI.

I did early this year. I filled the form. You can ask for a new CLI every six months, and it's a SP. Definitely worth it. Good luck!!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've had the card since 2009 and never received a CLI? Wow.
Message 4 of 24
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You've had the card since 2009 and never received a CLI? Wow.

And you thought your struggle was real. 

Message 5 of 24
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

I've had the card since 2009, and have never been asked this, also have never had a CLI.

I got that also and they have denied every CLI request.  I'm paying off 0% BT offer and then closing them.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 6 of 24
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@pazuzu wrote:

I got that also and they have denied every CLI request.  I'm paying off 0% BT offer and then closing them.

I don't need this acct either.

I got this one during rebuilding when my scores were much lower, like 100+ points lower.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 7 of 24
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Also...

This was a "Credit Steps" acct, and after the 2 CLIs that I got for completing the "steps,"  I never got or asked for any CLI.

I don't think these type of accts are even eligible for CLI.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got that pop up a couple weeks ago.....Have never gotten an increase since opening in 2012 denied every time. WHAT A JOKE! Cards with 10k+ limits and capital one is stuck at $1500. Never missed a payment and always pay in full as well! (wouldnt dare pay them the 24.99% interest they want!)

Message 9 of 24
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Never gotten a message from them to do it, but I update my income on the site any time I get a raise!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.