Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One is quick on the draw

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Cap One is quick on the draw

I noticed today that my spend hit $3036 and Cap One already posted my 40k points to my account.  Seems really fast to me. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Cap One is quick on the draw

They are super fast posting rewards. Pleasant surprise!!
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I noticed today that my spend hit $3036 and Cap One already posted my 40k points to my account.  Seems really fast to me. 

@I agree with @baller4life.  CAP 1 is pretty fast at giving the bonus.

Message 3 of 30
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow. i don't think im gonna make my spend. i only have about 34 days left. august 5th. and ive only charged about 900 on it. i will not spend just to spend. so good bye 40k points. but its ok. i already paid most of my bills for the month. arggg.

Message 4 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Wow. i don't think im gonna make my spend. i only have about 34 days left. august 5th. and ive only charged about 900 on it. i will not spend just to spend. so good bye 40k points. but its ok. i already paid most of my bills for the month. arggg.

I admire this part because plenty of people overspend to get bonuses. So good for you Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 30
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Good for you not overspending. I paid my rent for the next YEAR to easily hit my Prestige and Premier min spends Smiley Tongue

...wasn't like I was going to be homeless Smiley Very Happy

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 6 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

Ya not going to go for my Venture bonus either, but will get the $100 QS bonus as that will only take a day or two to hit being only $500..  Not worth spending just to spend and have other spend getting met on other cards.  No one ever should spend to meet the bonus and pay interest that might outdo the bonus itself!  I personally just did both apps for big CL's and cancelling my other two old Cap1 cards that haven't grown up appropriately.  Might just add my parent's as an AU user on the account and have them meet it for me within a few weeks on the venture... Hate to give up free money, but myself I don't see putting 3k on it in 90 days.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with Baller!  Super fast!  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Cap One will give you the points once you charge the full spend requirement even if you don't PIF, correct ??? I thought you needed to PIF prior to receiving the points. I just hit the 2K Amex Delta PLAT spend requirement for 60K points, but I don't see the points yet. I figured I needed to pay the card in full before they'd give me the points.
I'm starting to forget which card has what spend requirement. I just got a CSP, Venture, QS, PRG, Amex Delta PLAT, and Wells Fargo Propel. I've met the QS, PRG, and Delta PLAT. Got the Propel last week along with the Venture. CSP will be here next week so I've got 3 spend requirements to meet in the next 90 days or so.
Is the Venture 3K or 4K ??? How bout the CSP, 3K or 4K ??? I can't remember. Luckily I'm moving my family cross country next month and have at least 10K in expenses. Last year I would've used my debit card. Now I'm getting returns on my spending. 😀😁😀😁
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp after reading this post I just logged on to my Amex account. Sure enough my Delta PLAT account is now over 75K miles. They must've just added them today, being July 1st. I'm stoked !!!!! Now if I could lease a Townhouse which took CC payments I'd be in heaven. (LOL). 2K a month in rent would go along way towards reaching spend requirements for any new cards I might app in the future.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.