Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One is really starting to irritate me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One is really starting to irritate me

@Anonymous wrote:
I always get an excuse something about they are evaluating my usage or something. The trick with being happy with capital one is low expectation. 😅

My ex-wife used to say something similar.

Message 31 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoMellow wrote:

They are buried so far back in the VERY back of the sock drawer they may never ever again see light.

I got the same message for 5.9 months - then all of a sudden "recent use of your card is too low". 

Fine with me Capital One,  now tell me how NO usage feels Smiley Tongue 

haha - I laugh at them; (and its not like I need a cli - on a card I rarely use anyway) but gosh, toss a girl a bone already.

The same exact issue im facing i put 20% of my balance on it a couple times over 8 months NOTHING. Really annoying. I do a ALOT of swipes too. Cards cooked, moving on. Smiley Happy Card is 1 year 2 months. Its been real Cap1. 

Message 32 of 71
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my QS in January. Got a CLI in March. Been hitting the CLI button several times a month, so I have a pile of denial letters that all read "there has been a recent credit line increase." Yesterday was six months since my March CLI, so I figured this time it would finally happen. Hit it, another denial. This time the letter reads "Your average monthly payment has been too low." Geez. I've been carrying a balance on the card - currently $1018 - since I have 0% APR right now. Been tossing them $100 a month. So, screw it, I just paid off $1000 of that. Left the $18 since it's my only card reporting a balance.

Now let's see what excuse they come up with.

Happened to me exactly like this. Now since you paid so much. Hit the button again in a couple of days and Boom. Your increase.

Message 33 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

RedMiniStapler, so what you are really saying is that Ignorance is Bliss. ☺
Message 34 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 months of heavy use statements on the mutant QS, no way I get increase being a teetering 600.  PlayStation is being used heavier, already racked enough points for a free game and a headset, but no...Buyao wants a 65" LED 4K TV. Be my present next yr with for the love of Odin a CLI.

CLI is my new gardening game. Don't think Cap1 will cave anytime soon before QS's credit steps and PS isn't in credit steps. Sadness.

Message 35 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
RedMiniStapler, so what you are really saying is that Ignorance is Bliss. ☺

Message 36 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the QS card mostly since I got it back in April. I tried a few times to get a CLI and got a lot of excuses. I was reading this thread tonight and decided to give it one more try and BOOM - $3k CLI to $13k. There's always hope I guess. Maybe they saw that Discover recently bumped me up to $14k a couple of weeks ago.

Message 37 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

a little confused on why you think a $100 payment was sufficient for a $1,000 balance and you expect a CLI... seems like you should know better than that.
Message 38 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
a little confused on why you think a $100 payment was sufficient for a $1,000 balance and you expect a CLI... seems like you should know better than that.

Capital One gives cli's with payments like that. The au card in my profile started at $750 and went to $3750 with a $450 balance and a current car loan with them.

They like usage and probably Captool wasn't making them any money. 

My DW can't get a card from them at all with scores floating around 700-730 on Ex and Eq and 670-679 in Tu.

They are a quirky lender. Great for those who can start at the bottom with them, but can be challenging for those in the middle or higher who don't want a starter card.

Message 39 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am aware, but just seems people try to "play the system" to get CLIs. and the fact that they felt the need to make a post over being irritated about not getting a CLI because they see other people get them and feel left out... such first world problems. accept whay you have (which in 90% of our cases is MORE than plenty) and move on. spend what you spend and pay what you pay. if you get a CLI then cool if not then suck it up buttercup. the need to gripe is petty.
Message 40 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.