Cap One payments online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One payments online

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Cap1 does not accept debit cards. I stopped paying them over the phone when they held my pymt up 5 days because they needed to hear a bank rep say it cleared. I now take my cash up to Cap 1 bank and pay. next day availability.

How incredibly inconvenient.  What's the point of having a credit card if you still have to deal with cash and stand in line at a bank to pay in person?  Just set it up online to pay from your account and you have nothing to worry about.

Its actually quite convenient to me as Cap 1 bank is right up the street from me and it posts and funds are available next day. You never know with online banking.

Actually, you do know with online banking.  Unlike having to personally go to the bank and take out cash, deposit cash, wait in line, and hope the teller doesn't make a human error (which is far more likely than a computer error), you can set up online payments anytime you want, schedule for future dates, etc.  You recieve a confirmation every time, it posts next day just like cash, and you don't waste so much of your personal time that can be spent doing more important and valuable things than a roundtrip to a bank and the time necessary to make the transaction.  But I guess some people still like the personal attention.. To each his own I guess.

Message 11 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Cap1 does not accept debit cards. I stopped paying them over the phone when they held my pymt up 5 days because they needed to hear a bank rep say it cleared. I now take my cash up to Cap 1 bank and pay. next day availability.

How incredibly inconvenient.  What's the point of having a credit card if you still have to deal with cash and stand in line at a bank to pay in person?  Just set it up online to pay from your account and you have nothing to worry about.

Its actually quite convenient to me as Cap 1 bank is right up the street from me and it posts and funds are available next day. You never know with online banking.

Actually, you do know with online banking.  Unlike having to personally go to the bank and take out cash, deposit cash, wait in line, and hope the teller doesn't make a human error (which is far more likely than a computer error), you can set up online payments anytime you want, schedule for future dates, etc.  You recieve a confirmation every time, it posts next day just like cash, and you don't waste so much of your personal time that can be spent doing more important and valuable things than a roundtrip to a bank and the time necessary to make the transaction.  But I guess some people still like the personal attention.. To each his own I guess.

No, I don't. I do it because i'm tired of Cap 1 holding up my payment for days. You may not have the same issue but i do. Maybe from it being a new account. Your comment sounds defensive which I totally don't understand.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

No, I don't. I do it because i'm tired of Cap 1 holding up my payment for days. You may not have the same issue but i do. Maybe from it being a new account. Your comment sounds defensive which I totally don't understand.

Odd I never have had Capital 1 hold any payments fior days, the payments I make online I see the crerdit become available the next day, maybe you should try again with a small amount

Message 13 of 29
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Odd I never have had Capital 1 hold any payments fior days, the payments I make online I see the crerdit become available the next day, maybe you should try again with a small amount

They used to hold mine when I first got my Cap1 card back in the day. After the first couple of payments though they stopped holding it. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 14 of 29
JonStur
Established Contributor

I opened my Cap1 acct the last week in Jan. I entered my bank info with them so I could pay through their website, and have never had a problem. I pay at least 3 times a month before 5pm EST. and my money has always been available after midnight with no exception...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 15 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@JonStur wrote:
I opened my Cap1 acct the last week in Jan. I entered my bank info with them so I could pay through their website, and have never had a problem. I pay at least 3 times a month before 5pm EST. and my money has always been available after midnight with no exception...

I dunno why but they always wanna make sure the bank has cleared the transaction.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 29
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I almost pay mine online and usually the turnaround is less than a day. That is if I'm paying before 5pm, I've never had an issue with it. Also I have an autoloan with cap1 and never had a problem with it either, both accounts show payment the next day.

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Update: I paid online on Thursday. Since it was after their cutoff time, it was scheduled for Friday. I checked on Fri, and it was pending. Just checked today (Sat) and it posted fine. My bal is 0 and my full CL is avail. Very relieved they didn't hold any funds. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 18 of 29
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Very weird that for some of you Cap 1 holds your payments (I understand if it is the first time for that particular bank account, but after?)

For me, my payment always get posted the next business days. I pay before 2PM of course.

Message 19 of 29
Fizzled
Valued Member

Capital One has never held my online payments that I remember. So long as I make payment before the cut off time the payment shows up as available credit the next day; my bank (Chase) doesn't even register the ACH Debit for about 2-3 days after that.

I'd think you could see the hold on your accounts by making a payment and seeing if the day that the credit is available is the same day your bank acknowledges the payment. My thought is that Cap One is 'taking my word for it' on my payments. If my account was new or I made a payment that didn't clear I'd assume they'd stop doing this. 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.