Senior Contributor
Wonderin

Cap One product error?

Earlier in the month, we apped hubby for a Cap One No Hassles Card. He was approved for $1K. Great, right?

Well, today we get the card in the mail (got it yesterday, but I didn't check the mail 'til today) and it's the WRONG card!! He got the Platinum card. No rewards, no cash back.

Hubby says its no big deal (and I guess it isn't -- I mean, I doubt the rewards are all THAT great), but I'm still peeved.

Am I just being a jerk? Or should we say something???

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

Established Contributor
KingAdrock

Re: Cap One product error?

No, you are not being a jerk. YES you should say something. Demand the product you actually app'd for.
Until they officially renounce financial reviews, I won't touch Amex with a thirty nine and a half foot pole.
Frequent Contributor
islandchild82

I would definitely call and ask Cap 1 what's going on. You deserve to know, and it never hurts to ask!
Valued Member
floridateacher

Be careful he may have to pay an annual fee on that card.  Some cap one has the 39 charge on it and some do not. No Hassle does not but some of the others do

Fl teacher
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

It's not being a jerk to complain about a bait and switch.
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+