Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One's Website

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One's Website

you know, i have been on their website pretty much every day, usually 2 or 3 times a day, without any incident.  are you sure it's not your internet connection timing out or anything?
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. not my connection.  I connect to their website and get a white screen with this message: 

System Unavailable

The system is currently unavailable. Please contact customer service.

I just got it again and it is 3:50 pm 

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

so it's just me?  I just tried it again...same message.
Message 13 of 23
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you are not properly logging out. I didn't use the log out button and would get "session timed out" and would then be allowed to relogin. Lately, though if I don't log out I get the "unavailabl" message. Try shutting your browser completely down - close all windows and tabs. Then open up the browser and try it again. That's what I had to do. And now I click the "log out" link every single time.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you tried using another browser, or shutting your browser down and reopening it, Jubeyy? The same thing happens to me (that exact message) if I'm signed in and then get timed out - it will NOT let me back onto the site. When I first noticed this happening about a year ago, I just thought the CapOne site had been down for days, then I happened to try logging in when I was using Firefox (instead of Safari - I'm using a Mac and had assumed until now that that was the cause of my CapOne website woes, but I'm guessing not everyone posting on this thread is a Mac user?), and it worked fine. I just tried again - I can't get onto the site using Safari because my previous session (days ago) timed out - it works fine on Firefox, though, and will work fine on Safari if I shut the browser down and open it again.
Annoying, but seems to work! I think clearing my cache rather than closing the browser would also do the trick, but cache-clearing freezes my computer up for an age, so I'm not going to test the theory right now!  

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope. not my connection.  I connect to their website and get a white screen with this message: 

System Unavailable

It is DEFINITELY not just you.  I've noticed this from time to time around the beginning of the month (when I'm checking in since that's when my statement posts).  Using a different browser and/or different computer does not seem to help.

But then later in the day or whatever it will work just fine, it seems to be an intermittent - but VERY real and VERY annoying issue!

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

System Unavailable

It is DEFINITELY not just you.  I've noticed this from time to time around the beginning of the month (when I'm checking in since that's when my statement posts).  Using a different browser and/or different computer does not seem to help.

But then later in the day or whatever it will work just fine, it seems to be an intermittent - but VERY real and VERY annoying issue!

Good to know I'm not going crazy!

Nope not a browser or logging out issue.  I have got the timed out message before, not it.  

Just tried it right now and it works fine.  I f I didn't know any better, I would think it was some sort of tactic to keep people from paying their bills on time.  Seems to happen more the first half of the month.

Guess you just have to deal with it.  

Message 17 of 23
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

I've had my Cap 1 just over a year now and have never gotten that message.

I check my acct about 3 times a month.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 18 of 23
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

The times when I got an error message, I just ignored it and logged in anyway.  I was still able to do it.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Changingmantra wrote:
The times when I got an error message, I just ignored it and logged in anyway.  I was still able to do it.

This is not the same message Jubeyy and I are seeing.  The message we've seen is not ON the login page - when clicking on a link to the login page we see a page that is ENTIRELY WHITE except for the error message posted above, so there is NO way to actually log in.  Just the blank plain screen.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.