With all the CAP1 threads around on the forum that say

Do not use the luv button 

Do not call CSR useless unless it's a PC and sometimes that's useless too

Contact EO for best results 

For CLI's, PC's Rewards added or AF's waived 

Before the thread reads CRAP1 

Why? 

When 90% of people on this forum have results through EOSmiley Sad

No offense taken at all, I'm aware of the EO method.  But like said, I was just making an experiment I could care less for card or its CL.

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 11 of 34
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One still a joke!

I hit the luv button a couple of weeks ago. I went from a 1300 to 3300.  It was the first time I've ever hit a luv button.  It was the first increase I had since the first initial increase in over a year. I don't think there is a rhyme or reason in fico scores or increases.

Message 12 of 34
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I have not had much luck with CapOne either... luv button nor EO.  (Got an increase on one from EO.)  I know there are others out there that probably love this company but I can't wait to be in a position to fire them as a creditor.  -Barry

Wanna make the call for me? haha

I didn't call them.  I emailed the CEO - email is easily found via Google.  Wrote them a nice note and shared my mobile phone number.  Got a call back from the EO rep the next day.  Give it a shot. -Barry

I meant call to close my card for me since I'm in a position to fire them....It was a joke.

Amex SimplyCash 50K

Message 13 of 34
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@Shock wrote:

The LUV button gave me 500. EO gave me 500. Then EO gave me 1500. I think it's because they matched my CDP limit at the time.

And contrary to what everyone has said, they have been nothing but helpful to me. I honestly like CapitalOne.

Yeah they get a bad wrap, but their venture card is 2x miles on everything, with a reasonable 59 dollar annual fee. Compare that to AmEx's 95 bucks just for a non revolver, or even Barcays Arrival 2x miles for 89 dollars.

Ditto

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 14 of 34
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lexrjSD wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

OP no offense but question

Why? 

No offense taken at all, I'm aware of the EO method.  But like said, I was just making an experiment I could care less for card or its CL.

I completely understand your experiment but if you accepted the $500 now the EO may not be able to increase because they have a new rule of every 6 months after a CLI before the next ....

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 34
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

I just really hate their incompetent, scripted costumer service and "toy" limits. Because it was my first card, I was anxious to grow with it when I first got it but they don't seem to be in business for the same reason my other lenders are.

Amex SimplyCash 50K

Message 16 of 34
Shock
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

OP no offense but question

Why? 

I completely understand your experiment but if you accepted the $500 now the EO may not be able to increase because they have a new rule of every 6 months after a CLI before the next ....

Quite the contrary. Luv button increase 8/2013. EO manual review increase 11/2013. EO Manual review increase 1/2014. Last month should have been my 6 months.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 17 of 34
Shock
Established Contributor

It also seems like they are giving higher CLI's thru the luv button now. Maybe we are bombarding them at the EO.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 18 of 34
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I am not sure the "luv button' is capped.  I just hit it not long ago and went from 4k to 5k.  Also, I think it's just a matter of personal experience like anything else.  I never had an issue with the card, but hardly use it now that I have a few other cards.  It definitely served it's purpose during my rebuild. 

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 19 of 34
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I could tell you guys my story but it's already posted and titled someplace in these pages.

I think my biggest criticism against C1 isn't so much their ridicuous candy cane SL on the GM card, for what at one time might was considered a highly respectable MasterCard in their World Elite line, but in addition to that folly i hear say they are notorious for their famed Triple HP.

To add, ALL my current cards newer then Cap1 have left them behind in the dust. And if their happy with that position, so am i now Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.