Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One still a joke!

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One still a joke!

People are reporting higher CLI's thru LUV button vs the standard 500 dollars or flat out decline.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 21 of 34
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

My crap one is my 1st card PCed from Platinum to QS, it started with a $500 CL and now is at $1750. It's been 3yrs since I have the card and their soft CLIs won't go higher than $500 each time. Since I could care less if I keep the card or not, today I decided to make an experiment, when asking for my online soft CLI I put my income as $1million. Guess what? Didn't make a difference, was offered the same pathetic $500.

It looks like the luv button is capped at $500. The only route that seems to work consistently is emailing the EO. The best of luck to you.

Maybe historically, but two weeks ago the button gave me a $5,000 increase from 2K to 7K. EQ FICO at the time was between 683-689.

Message 22 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

@Shock wrote:

The LUV button gave me 500. EO gave me 500. Then EO gave me 1500. I think it's because they matched my CDP limit at the time.

And contrary to what everyone has said, they have been nothing but helpful to me. I honestly like CapitalOne.

Yeah they get a bad wrap, but their venture card is 2x miles on everything, with a reasonable 59 dollar annual fee. Compare that to AmEx's 95 bucks just for a non revolver, or even Barcays Arrival 2x miles for 89 dollars.

Ditto

ditto...absolutely no complaints here either Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 34
Brax
Frequent Contributor

Also, are you guys even using your Cap 1 cards? 1-2 swipes a month won't cut it for getting an online CLI, ever. I got repeatedly declined for a CLI in Feb until I ran 5 or so swipes through of maybe $3 each.

Message 24 of 34
Shock
Established Contributor

@Brax wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@lexrjSD wrote:

My crap one is my 1st card PCed from Platinum to QS, it started with a $500 CL and now is at $1750. It's been 3yrs since I have the card and their soft CLIs won't go higher than $500 each time. Since I could care less if I keep the card or not, today I decided to make an experiment, when asking for my online soft CLI I put my income as $1million. Guess what? Didn't make a difference, was offered the same pathetic $500.

It looks like the luv button is capped at $500. The only route that seems to work consistently is emailing the EO. The best of luck to you.

Maybe historically, but two weeks ago the button gave me a $5,000 increase from 2K to 7K. EQ FICO at the time was between 683-689.

Wow. Are you a heavy spender?

Message 25 of 34
Shock
Established Contributor

@Brax wrote:

Also, are you guys even using your Cap 1 cards? 1-2 swipes a month won't cut it for getting an online CLI, ever. I got repeatedly declined for a CLI in Feb until I ran 5 or so swipes through of maybe $3 each.

So you ran 15 bucks thru in February and got a 5k increase?

Message 26 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

The luv button gave me flat out denials for quite some time and I figured it is my way to free EQ Fico score....then what a shock ..went from 5K to 10K...love Cap1 ..now I will never touch the button anymore Smiley Embarassed

Message 27 of 34
Shock
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

The luv button gave me flat out denials for quite some time and I figured it is my way to free EQ Fico score....then what a shock ..went from 5K to 10K...love Cap1 ..now I will never touch the button anymore Smiley Embarassed

Again...are you a heavy spender?

Message 28 of 34
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Shock wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Again...are you a heavy spender?

Nope..none of my cards get more than 10-20%....my income does not allow to use my full CLs...hate debt so I only PIF

Message 29 of 34
Brax
Frequent Contributor

Correct.

I've had the card almost 5 years and aside from spen

@Shock wrote:

@Brax wrote:

So you ran 15 bucks thru in February and got a 5k increase?

Yes. Looking at my statement it was actually $23.

I've had this card almost 5 years but would only spend $100 every few months on it (at best).

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.