Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one 3rd card possible?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Cap one 3rd card possible?

Okay okay. Before some of you cap  one haters jump all over me. Hear me out first. I gave two cap one cards. My first their regular plat secured. Which is my oldest card at 2 years old. 800 dollar limit. Which about 200 dollars is mine. So no big lost. Anyway. 2 nd card is regular quicksilver. 3500. It's a year old now.  With all the venture craze. I went to cap ones pre approval site. Which is mostly accurate. Put my info. And it came back. Congratulation. On two cards their low interest plat. ( cough cough ). 20.9 % apr. Or. Their quicksilver one.   If I apply will get it?  O should I cancel my oldest the secure card. Or jst forget it.  Any advice appreciated. 

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one 3rd card possible?

Why would you voluntarily want a QS1?
Message 2 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just go for the Venture.

Message 3 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Skip the Crap One card and go for the Cap One Venture
Message 4 of 66
elim
Senior Contributor

+ 2  grab the 10k

Message 5 of 66
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Okay okay. Before some of you cap  one haters jump all over me. Hear me out first. I gave two cap one cards. My first their regular plat secured. Which is my oldest card at 2 years old. 800 dollar limit. Which about 200 dollars is mine. So no big lost. Anyway. 2 nd card is regular quicksilver. 3500. It's a year old now.  With all the venture craze. I went to cap ones pre approval site. Which is mostly accurate. Put my info. And it came back. Congratulation. On two cards their low interest plat. ( cough cough ). 20.9 % apr. Or. Their quicksilver one.   If I apply will get it?  O should I cancel my oldest the secure card. Or jst forget it.  Any advice appreciated. 

Venture all the way.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want the cash back get the qs, love mine.  If you travel get the venture.

Message 7 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

He already has a QS....
Message 8 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I don't know why you would want a QS1 when you already got the QS with no AF. If anything, I would recommend going for the Venture, but if you don't have the pre-approval on the site I would not attempt it at this time.

You've got the cards you need, now you should wait and let your accounts age a bit more and let the INQ's drop a bit. Then, you should be able to get just about any card you want.

If you NEED another card today, they try for the Venture, but I think you would be better served by some patience right now.
Message 9 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just go for the Venture.

+ 2

Message 10 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.