Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one Credit Steps..BAH!

tag
Roxlie
Contributor

Cap one Credit Steps..BAH!

I am wondering if anyone else who is in the credit steps program got this low of a CLI.

I have a card with 8.9% and a $39 AF with a limit of 1000. My 3rd statement has just hit so I called them and asked when the CLI would become available and she said on the 5th statement I will get a CLI of 250. I guess I should be happy with 25% but i was hoping for at least 500.

Are low CLI's normal for Cap One?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one Credit Steps..BAH!

I went from 300 opening CL to 600 when I called in for a CLI. Then credit steps bumped me up to $1,100. I think it is different for everyone depending on their situation..
Message 2 of 6
adamseve
Established Contributor

What is credit steps?  How do you know you're on it?
Message 3 of 6
dieselcafe
Contributor

I had a Cap One account that was sent to collection. I called Cap One up and they were able to take my account back from the collection agency and they allow me to make 5 monthly payments of $123 each. I have everything in written and they send me my statements every month to indicate the amount I still owe and the amount has been paid. Cap One also approved me for a Mastercard of $300 with no fee and no interest for 6 months.
Message 4 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

same happened for me!

westcoastcyc wrote:
I went from 300 opening CL to 600 when I called in for a CLI. Then credit steps bumped me up to $1,100. I think it is different for everyone depending on their situation..

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Steps gives you a higher CL after 3 statements of not going over your CL and making at least your minimum monthly payments. I believe it is for people with the lower credit scores who are looking to get back in the game. You know you are enrolled in it when you get a mailing from Cap One about 2 or 3 weeks after you receive your card. I don't think it is something you can request.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.