Valued Contributor

Cap one Pre approval help

SO I have received pre approval offers from:

Credit one at least $300

merrick bank $500

barclaycard rewards not sure how much

Victoria secret for $500

first premier not sure how much

How in the world do I get a pre approval from cap one? They are my oldest card at 9 months and they have given me 300 unsecured increase on my secured card. I always pay on time and in full. I rotate my cards every month never showing more than like 5% on one card. My baddies are two student loan accounts (really one loan it got sold) with about 15 lates BTW the two of them. The last late payment was oct of 2012. I have never been late on any of my credit cards my last app was 7/25/13 got 8 inq on tu and about 5 each on EQ and EX. What do I do other than garden?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
neverrain
New Contributor

Re: Cap one Pre approval help

I didn't start seeing offers from them until my score(s) was in the 650 range, even though I had a card with them for well over a year with no lates or anything.  Then they started pushing the Quicksilver onto me.

Message 2 of 12
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@neverrain wrote:

I didn't start seeing offers from them until my score(s) was in the 650 range, even though I had a card with them for well over a year with no lates or anything.  Then they started pushing the Quicksilver onto me.

I was hoping that 650 would be the magic number but I guess not. I wish the barkclaycard did not care about inq cause I would take them up on their pre approval but i dont want to take the risk of getting my card cancled like i have heard from so many people on here. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Message 3 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Do I need to call ERT's? Lol

You need to continue gardening a little longer IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 12
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Lol If i get a cap one quicksliver pre approval yes send out the ERT but I don think thats happening anytime soon. Ill try to garden till march 2014 then apply no matter what.

Message 5 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Lol If i get a cap one quicksliver pre approval yes send out the ERT but I don think thats happening anytime soon. Ill try to garden till march 2014 then apply no matter what.

Sounds like a plan Smiley Wink

Your doing good keep up the good work

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Those ERT's...I tell ya... always like hawkeyes... I won't even tell you what that little fierce squirrel did to me one time... those scars are proof!  Stay in the garden OP!  Robot Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Those ERT's...I tell ya... always like hawkeyes... I won't even tell you what that little fierce squirrel did to me one time... those scars are proof!  Stay in the garden OP!  Robot Very Happy

myjourney has those squirrels well trained. 

Message 8 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

ROFLOL

Hush don't tell secrets Smiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

myjourney has those squirrels well trained. 

Ninja training camp does wonders for the little fellas Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.