Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one QS Master Card EMV chip

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one QS Master Card EMV chip

How much longer till my QS cap one mastercard chipped card arrinves in the mail? Do they go in some type of order by account number or last name? I chatted with them like 2 months ago and rep said i did not have to request it that it would be mailed automatically...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap one QS Master Card EMV chip

When you log into your account online, does it show the EMV version of the card next to your account, or the old version? 

If it shows the EMV version, you can go into Services, and report your card as damaged. They'll ship you a new card right now, so you don't have to wait. 

I still have one non-EMV card that I haven't bothered replacing yet, because I don't use it, and it's being consolidated into the EMV card next month. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sent me mine yesterday I'm not sure if it's true but I heard by September 30 every card has to have one

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Don't think there's a timeline for that. The liability shift happens in October,yes, but that doesn't necessarily means all banks will automatically reissue cards with chips (though most will).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.