Contributor
m_jonis

Cap one STILL not reporting credit limits?

How on earth do I get Capital One to report my actual credit limit? They increased my CL by $5,000 4 months ago, but they are still reporting the "high balance" instead of the actual limit. I thought they fixed this beginning in 2008?
Finally made it to 813
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Cap one STILL not reporting credit limits?

Actually, they fixed it back in September. I'd give them a call. If you don't get anywhere today, I'd try calling back on a weekday.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
Wesley23

Re: Cap one STILL not reporting credit limits?

I had the same problem when I got my card a few months ago. They didn't report the limit, but rather the high balance. I called and asked them about it. Their Indian call center said it was still policy to report the high balance rather than the credit limit. I wrote to the Consumerist.com about it and they contacted someone at Capital One. Those representatives stated that it was policy to report the credit limit.

About 1 day later, Capital One magically reported the credit limit rather than the high balance. Go figure.

It seems like Capital One is saying one thing but doing something else. I don't know if this is intentional or not. One thing is for sure-- there are huge communication issues between corporate and their call center vis-à-vis their policy regarding reporting your credit limit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+