Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one Venture dropping Apr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one Venture dropping Apr

So over the past month I've carried a balance with my Venture card and was curious if anyone has had any luck with cap one lowering the interest rate. I have spent 10-12k on a my card before and always pif but life through me some curve balls and my balance will have to wait to be pif this time around. Anyone have recommendations or ideas on how I can smooth cap one over please let me know. Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap one Venture dropping Apr

I made a large purchase in July of this year for around $4,500

I called Cap One and told them that I wanted to use their card but I didn't want to pay 20.9% int.

They gave me 90 days @ 0%

It wouldn't hurt if you called and gave it a try

Message 2 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes they are good about temporary rate reductions. Give them a call.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Yes they are good about temporary rate reductions. Give them a call.

+1

Message 4 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

As baller said, they do offer temporary reductions from time to time, but never usually permanent ones.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got the reduction but not what I was hoping for. 15% for 7months. On the plus side they did upgrade my other account cap platinum to cap one quicksilver.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, what are the typical starting limits on the quicksilver? My platinum was $1800 and my Venture is $15k. Should I expect an increase since I upgraded?
Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Also, what are the typical starting limits on the quicksilver? My platinum was $1800 and my Venture is $15k. Should I expect an increase since I upgraded?

Do not expect a CLI on the Platinum to QS upgrade it has most likely invalidated the account for any CLI until 6 months have passed from the date of upgrade. Its never going to product limits like an outright QS approved card would. As for SLs someone else will have to answer that or you can check out the credit pulls database to see what people are getting.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see well I'll give it try after a few billing cycles go by i just figured I'd have a better chance with a CLI on the quicksilver since they stopped increasing my now old cap platinum card.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.