Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one and HSBC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one and HSBC

Hi,

My mom recently got a $300 cl cards from both hsbc and cap 1 to start rebuilding her credit with some positive credit cards 3 statements have so far been cut on each... Anyone know how long till she could request a cli on either one?

Thanks
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap one and HSBC

After your 3rd payment posts ask for a Cli on the Cap One card. Wait 6 months for the HSBC Card.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what i been reading HSBC is not very friendly with CLI. I just received my first CLI after being with HSBC for 6 months for $100 bucks. You have to be with HSBC for 6 months for them evan to consider a CLI so she would have to wait until then not sure about Crapital One lol
Message 3 of 13
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:
From what i been reading HSBC is not very friendly with CLI. I just received my first CLI after being with HSBC for 6 months for $100 bucks. You have to be with HSBC for 6 months for them evan to consider a CLI so she would have to wait until then not sure about Crapital One lol

Did you request the cli from their site? Did you have to call customer service? I've hit the button before but got the call CS message. I'm worried they'd do a hard pull for a tiny increase so I'll just wait it out.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the HSBC card a true HSBC or an Orchard.  CLI with Orchard ... good luck.  HSBC likes to see PIF.  Anytime I charge a large balance and PIF I get an auto CLI with HSBC.

kvdss wrote:
Hi,

My mom recently got a $300 cl cards from both hsbc and cap 1 to start rebuilding her credit with some positive credit cards 3 statements have so far been cut on each... Anyone know how long till she could request a cli on either one?

Thanks

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsKiwi wrote:

Did you request the cli from their site? Did you have to call customer service? I've hit the button before but got the call CS message. I'm worried they'd do a hard pull for a tiny increase so I'll just wait it out.

I Called the customer service number i have a Orchard card with HSBC. They didn't do a hard pull on me it was just a soft pull

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 07-27-2008 08:50 PM
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both cards have been pif by the time the statement cuts everytime usually not 1 big payment but like 4 payments over the course of the month and it is an actuall HSBC card
Message 7 of 13
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:

MsKiwi wrote:

I Called the customer service number i have a Orchard card with HSBC.

Thanks for the info. I have a regular HSBC but I'm just not in the mood to be shot down right now.Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsKiwi wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have a regular HSBC but I'm just not in the mood to be shot down right now.Smiley Wink

How long have u had the card.

Message 9 of 13
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:

MsKiwi wrote:

How long have u had the card.
------------------------------------------
Since last December. I've always maintained a lowish balance and always pay the day the statement cuts,  always above the min due . I give them a very small workout, since they gave me a very small CL.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.