Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎10-27-2007
0

Cap one and HSBC

Hi,
 
My mom recently got a $300 cl cards from both hsbc and cap 1 to start rebuilding her credit with some positive credit cards 3 statements have so far been cut on each... Anyone know how long till she could request a cli on either one?
 
Thanks
Regular Contributor
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎06-19-2008
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC

After your 3rd payment posts ask for a Cli on the Cap One card. Wait 6 months for the HSBC Card.

Starting Score: 702
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC

From what i been reading HSBC is not very friendly with CLI. I just received my first CLI after being with HSBC for 6 months for $100 bucks. You have to be with HSBC for 6 months for them evan to consider a CLI so she would have to wait until then not sure about Crapital One lol

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 832
Registered: ‎03-20-2008
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC



mjbfan79 wrote:
From what i been reading HSBC is not very friendly with CLI. I just received my first CLI after being with HSBC for 6 months for $100 bucks. You have to be with HSBC for 6 months for them evan to consider a CLI so she would have to wait until then not sure about Crapital One lol


Did you request the cli from their site? Did you have to call customer service? I've hit the button before but got the call CS message. I'm worried they'd do a hard pull for a tiny increase so I'll just wait it out.
Established Contributor
Posts: 717
Registered: ‎03-05-2008
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC

Is the HSBC card a true HSBC or an Orchard.  CLI with Orchard ... good luck.  HSBC likes to see PIF.  Anytime I charge a large balance and PIF I get an auto CLI with HSBC.

 



kvdss wrote:
Hi,
 
My mom recently got a $300 cl cards from both hsbc and cap 1 to start rebuilding her credit with some positive credit cards 3 statements have so far been cut on each... Anyone know how long till she could request a cli on either one?
 
Thanks




Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC

[ Edited ]


MsKiwi wrote:
 
Did you request the cli from their site? Did you have to call customer service? I've hit the button before but got the call CS message. I'm worried they'd do a hard pull for a tiny increase so I'll just wait it out.


 
I Called the customer service number i have a Orchard card with HSBC. They didn't do a hard pull on me it was just a soft pull



Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 07-27-2008 08:50 PM

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎10-27-2007
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC

Both cards have been pif by the time the statement cuts everytime usually not 1 big payment but like 4 payments over the course of the month and it is an actuall HSBC card
Established Contributor
Posts: 832
Registered: ‎03-20-2008
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC



mjbfan79 wrote:


MsKiwi wrote:
 
Did you request the cli from their site? Did you have to call customer service? I've hit the button before but got the call CS message. I'm worried they'd do a hard pull for a tiny increase so I'll just wait it out.


 
I Called the customer service number i have a Orchard card with HSBC.



Thanks for the info. I have a regular HSBC but I'm just not in the mood to be shot down right now.:smileywink:
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,998
Registered: ‎03-31-2008
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC



MsKiwi wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have a regular HSBC but I'm just not in the mood to be shot down right now.:smileywink:


 
How long have u had the card.


Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 832
Registered: ‎03-20-2008
0

Re: Cap one and HSBC



mjbfan79 wrote:


MsKiwi wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have a regular HSBC but I'm just not in the mood to be shot down right now.:smileywink:


 
How long have u had the card.
------------------------------------------
Since last December. I've always maintained a lowish balance and always pay the day the statement cuts,  always above the min due . I give them a very small workout, since they gave me a very small CL.



Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.