Regular Contributor
kvdss

Cap one and HSBC

Hi,

My mom recently got a $300 cl cards from both hsbc and cap 1 to start rebuilding her credit with some positive credit cards 3 statements have so far been cut on each... Anyone know how long till she could request a cli on either one?

Thanks
Regular Contributor
Justn

Re: Cap one and HSBC

After your 3rd payment posts ask for a Cli on the Cap One card. Wait 6 months for the HSBC Card.

Starting Score: 702
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

From what i been reading HSBC is not very friendly with CLI. I just received my first CLI after being with HSBC for 6 months for $100 bucks. You have to be with HSBC for 6 months for them evan to consider a CLI so she would have to wait until then not sure about Crapital One lol

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Established Contributor
MsKiwi

mjbfan79 wrote:
From what i been reading HSBC is not very friendly with CLI. I just received my first CLI after being with HSBC for 6 months for $100 bucks. You have to be with HSBC for 6 months for them evan to consider a CLI so she would have to wait until then not sure about Crapital One lol

Did you request the cli from their site? Did you have to call customer service? I've hit the button before but got the call CS message. I'm worried they'd do a hard pull for a tiny increase so I'll just wait it out.
Established Contributor
PurpleHaze

Is the HSBC card a true HSBC or an Orchard.  CLI with Orchard ... good luck.  HSBC likes to see PIF.  Anytime I charge a large balance and PIF I get an auto CLI with HSBC.

kvdss wrote:
Hi,

My mom recently got a $300 cl cards from both hsbc and cap 1 to start rebuilding her credit with some positive credit cards 3 statements have so far been cut on each... Anyone know how long till she could request a cli on either one?

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700

Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

[ Edited ]

MsKiwi wrote:

Did you request the cli from their site? Did you have to call customer service? I've hit the button before but got the call CS message. I'm worried they'd do a hard pull for a tiny increase so I'll just wait it out.

I Called the customer service number i have a Orchard card with HSBC. They didn't do a hard pull on me it was just a soft pull

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 07-27-2008 08:50 PM

Regular Contributor
kvdss

Both cards have been pif by the time the statement cuts everytime usually not 1 big payment but like 4 payments over the course of the month and it is an actuall HSBC card
Established Contributor
MsKiwi

mjbfan79 wrote:

MsKiwi wrote:

I Called the customer service number i have a Orchard card with HSBC.

Thanks for the info. I have a regular HSBC but I'm just not in the mood to be shot down right now.:smileywink:
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

MsKiwi wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have a regular HSBC but I'm just not in the mood to be shot down right now.:smileywink:

How long have u had the card.

Established Contributor
MsKiwi

mjbfan79 wrote:

MsKiwi wrote:

How long have u had the card.
------------------------------------------
Since last December. I've always maintained a lowish balance and always pay the day the statement cuts,  always above the min due . I give them a very small workout, since they gave me a very small CL.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+