Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one cc question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one cc question

Does this credit card report to all 3 CRA's

To date I am only showing it listing on 2 on my credit report.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap one cc question

To my knowledge, it does. They do for me. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they do. Is this your first statement? New CC's always take longer to show up on TU for me.

Message 3 of 11
Smug
Established Contributor

Yep....all three give it time might take a few months
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Come to think of it, DW's didn't show up until the 2nd statement (on any CRAs).

Message 5 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this credit card report to all 3 CRA's

To date I am only showing it listing on 2 on my credit report.

I have the same issue.  I have had a couple capital one cards in the past and they have always reported to all three CRAs.  I currently have a Capital One Classic Platinum MC with an AF of $39 that I got as my first card when I started rebuilding.  But it only reports to TransUnion and Equifax.  I don't know why it doesn't report to Experian.  I suppose I should call and ask them to report it to Experian as it has a $0 balance and I've never been late.  I don't know if they would if I asked, but it can't hurt.

ETA: For me, it has nothing to do with first statement either.  The card was opened in June of 2009.  It just doesn't report to EX.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
Open123
Super Contributor

Not sure if there's a correlation, but I had the same issue with my HSBC.  It had not reported to Ex for about 3 months, but just showed up today.  Maybe the same glitch with Cap One on Ex?

Message 7 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

They have been reporting to all 3 CRA's in the past 4 years.

But be careful, sometimes they dont report on time or report every 60 days but if youre late by even 1 day, they will report it very fast.

Message 8 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

They have been reporting to all 3 CRA's in the past 4 years.

But be careful, sometimes they dont report on time or report every 60 days but if youre late by even 1 day, they will report it very fast.

I thought you had to be 30 days late for a late to report......do they really report 1 day late? I never plan to have one but just curious

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are not reported to a cra for being one day late (e.g., payment is due on August 1 and your payment arrives August 2.)   But if 30 days later is August 31 and your payment arrives September 1 (when it was due August 1), then you are reported as being late.

Some companies such as Citi finance will use the fact that you are one day late to raise your interest rate however (or they did in the past anyway.)

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.