Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one platinum mastercard account image changed to quicksilver

tag
ontop
Regular Contributor

Cap one platinum mastercard account image changed to quicksilver

I had a 4 year old Cap One platinum mastercard with CL 3500, and no AF. They had been sending me several pre-approval mail for Quicksilver Visa, but I'm not interested in app. Lately, I've noticed that  when logged in my Cap One account, the platinum mastercard image has been replaced with a Quicksilver image. The description still as platinum mastercard. Is this a sign of my account is upgrading to Quicksilver? I've not received any email or snail mail about the the upgrade.

Thanks guys,

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap one platinum mastercard account image changed to quicksilver

I suggest you log into your account and start a chat and ask if there you have any upgrades available for your account and mention what you posted here. The 1 1/2% rewards are much better than you have now. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess they automatically updated your rewards product. well quicksilverone (the one with annual fee) is still visa platinum/platinum mastercard, but people can pc their quicksilverone to quicksilver (no af), but still maintain visa platinum. My quicksilver card is visa platinum, I tried to ask them for visa signature, but with 3300 credit limit, they won't budge! Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 14
ontop
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys,

As Coldnmn has suggested, I logged in my Cap One account and started the chat session. The CSR was quickly verified the status and informed me that my account has been upgraded to Quicksilver a few days ago. The new upgraded card will be mailed in 7-10 business days. Great!

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 4 of 14
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Yes they are doing it to mostly everyone now to the new rewards program.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 5 of 14
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

The same thing happened to me before.  Nothing should change other than your rewards structure.

Message 6 of 14
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

@ontop wrote:

Thanks guys,

As Coldnmn has suggested, I logged in my Cap One account and started the chat session. The CSR was quickly verified the status and informed me that my account has been upgraded to Quicksilver a few days ago. The new upgraded card will be mailed in 7-10 business days. Great!

CONGRATS on your Cap1 QS upgrade!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 7 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Better rewards than Original congrats!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it is the quicksilver card. My mom got hers in the mail this week and she is mad that the numbers are not raised. Like other credit cards.
Message 9 of 14
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

ontop...  Whatever happened with your CSP application?  Did they ever send you the letter requesting verification??

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.